Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

If Gibson is only allowing 50% of the transfer fee to be used then we definitely shouldn’t sell Randolph. Would be difficult to get a replacement AND other players with that 

43 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Flint is all done and announced some point today. 4.2 up to 6 with promotion bonus and over 10 goals this season bonus. 50% will be made available for wages/ transfer.

Would this not go to pay off one of the charges we took out the other week. One was handing over the rights to funds coming into our bank account until it was settled.

46 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Flint is all done and announced some point today. 4.2 up to 6 with promotion bonus and over 10 goals this season bonus. 50% will be made available for wages/ transfer.

This is why I’m not getting my hopes up with incomings if only 50% is going to be made available. We would be lucky to get Neil Razor Ruddock with 50% of £4.2m never mind a current footballer. 

11 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

do we need a replacement CB imo NO,

so that's 2.1 towards a Winger loan/buy, surely that's possible with more sales to come assuming the 50% is across the board.

We definitely do need another centre back considering ayala’s injury record

30 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Would this not go to pay off one of the charges we took out the other week. One was handing over the rights to funds coming into our bank account until it was settled.

If I'm understanding the charges correctly they are set against specific incoming money from previous transfers. So this £4.2 Million from Flint will have no impact.

So that’s one unwanted player out the door for a decent fee and wages cleared. Good news. Regardless of what’s being made available we can now hopefully look at making a signing in a problem area. 

£4.2 Million up front for Flint is a good chunk of money. Even if we are only able to spend 50% that gives us money to spend on areas we need to strengthen. 

As others have said, we have Ayala, Shotton, Fry, Wood, Stubbs and Friend (at a push) who can all cover at the back.

So that's roughly around £2.1m available for a transfer fee, plus maybe around £15k for wages? Could get a winger in from abroad / the Football League with those figures. 

Lynden Gooch at Sunderland looks a good young lad. 23, so moving towards his peak. Or take that punt on the attitude of Marcus Madison...

15 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Or take that punt on the attitude of Marcus Madison...

Think we are in a position where we can't be too picky now. His stats for League 1 the past few seasons have been excellent. Think the rumours of poor attitude have scared a lot of clubs off. We need to find undervalued players, rather than just paying over the odds, he certainly fits that bill. Sure he had a really low release clause too.

Just to add to my previous post. He's been involved in 76 goals in the last 3 seasons combined. He is approaching the end of his current deal, which means at Peterborough you sign a new one or you are sold. Has a release clause of £2.5 Million which is slightly above over £2.1 Million we are getting from Flint. He is also from the North East so I'm sure he wouldn't have much issue moving back up.

• Like 1

That kind of money is not a lot. Makes sense that we're not shoving it all into the kitty of course but even £15k a week would take up about a third of that.

I think it's more likely going to be opening us up to the loan market or free transfers until we sell one or two more. Or give us room to try and keep Fry around with a nicer contract.