Boro think we've got only 4 defenders ?

image.thumb.png.087babce655f67189181b35266d4b667.png

that's first teamers. We also have:

Coulson,
Reading,
Spence,
Wood,
Stubbs

and we know Woodgate wants to play them.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Some news on Saville. Not thrilling i know, but club can't get him out. Clubs not willing to pay what we want for him. Might be better off just keeping hold

Not thrilling for those that want him out maybe but last season must have been one of his worst. I think he will do much better for us this season.

• Like 3

I reckon this flint leaving might open a few doors, next week might be a big week for this upcoming season. A young squad with a few young signings, might be interesting. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Raf smog said:

I reckon this flint leaving might open a few doors, next week might be a big week for this upcoming season. A young squad with a few young signings, might be interesting. 

is that solely opinion or based on something you've heard?

1 minute ago, Raf smog said:

Few more high earners (Saville and Shotton would be best) and we should have more flexibility.

In an ideal world we keep at least Britt and Randolph from the higher earners. Braithwaite can go if we get £4m or so for me.

Just now, Will said:

Few more high earners (Saville and Shotton would be best) and we should have more flexibility.

In an ideal world we keep at least Britt and Randolph from the higher earners. Braithwaite can go if we get £4m or so for me.

I’m pretty sure that Saville is on 12k a week. Would that be considered a high earner?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

is that solely opinion or based on something you've heard?

Both if I am honest a lot of teams coming back from overseas, combined with players coming back from extended breaks after internationals open the doors for us.  We now also have a bit of money for deals that were faultering due to payment schedules ( personal opinion not based on knowledge). This week might put a bit of optimism back I hope

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I’m pretty sure that Saville is on 12k a week. Would that be considered a high earner?

I do remember reading an article after he signed which quoted one of his teammates saying something along the lines of him trebling his £4k wages and it was an offer he could not refuse. 

30 minutes ago, Brunners said:

that's first teamers. We also have:

Coulson,
Reading,
Spence,
Wood,
Stubbs

and we know Woodgate wants to play them.

U can add Howson to that list of defenders as it seems nailed on he will be RB v Luton. Shotton offers cover both at RB and CB which is good.

1 minute ago, TAPOUT said:

I do remember reading an article after he signed which quoted one of his teammates saying something along the lines of him trebling his £4k wages and it was an offer he could not refuse. 

Yes that’s what I remember too

2 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I also cant imagine Shotton is on much. We signed him from Birmingham who not been flush with cash for quite some time.

Shotton has his critics but i would rather keep him as he offers competent and experienced cover at both RB and CB. He is no world beater but given our thin squad players like him are important as he comfortable in 2 positions.

• Like 2
Just now, TLF10 said:

I also cant imagine Shotton is on much. We signed him from Birmingham who not been flush with cash for quite some time.

Shotton has his critics but i would rather keep him as he offers competent and experienced cover at both RB and CB. He is no world beater but given our thin squad players like him are important as he comfortable in 2 positions.

Think someone said he’s on like 30k a week if I’m not mistaken.

Also happy that Saville could be staying. I think he’s a good player and will come good this season. I didn’t even think he was that bad last season, and it was probably one of his worst.

11 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Let's say Jamal Lowe and Grady Diangana in and I'd be in dreamland 

It would put us in a much better position certainly. Genuine pace out wide would be great.