Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I haven’t seen any change in style yet as the season hasn’t started.

Seen ‘youth get a chance’ under Mowbray and most wernt great, yes different set of players now but those were just as ‘highly rated’. So I’ll hold my judgement on that.

Promotion I don’t care much about.

Honestly apart from a few token words about ‘playing the right way’ I’ve yet to see any changes at all from any other cost cutting season we’ve had. 

It just seems to be business as usual, no signings, no apparent plan in place and we are in danger of falling even further behind other clubs such as Brentford, Bristol.

Our style has changed but the players we have can't do it as effectively as other teams that have a pressing style. In getting forward more our fullbacks have been exposed more. Coulson seemed to deal with it better than Howson at Hartlepool but Tav did not work back as much so it seems as though we are back to the monk season regarding that weakness.  I know a lot of people felt we had the raw materials for a more expansive type of football if Pulis left but without pace, athleticism and mobility up front we will probably not be that effective at pressing high and with a lack of pace in midfield we will more than likely be exposed at the back more. i think as it stands I am preparing myself for a frustrating season. If we get 3 new pacy attackers, a right back and a pacy midfielder I will be optimistic for a decent season. I would quite happily sacrifice all of our current forwards, Randolph and possibly Saville for that to happen.

• Like 1

Apparently troy parrott has been very impressive for spurs this season and by all accounts he was the best player on the pitch vs Juventus. 

Robbie Keane has spoke very highly of him before. Hes only 17 but he looks to be a superstar in the making, would be a very good, very cheap loan imo.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Brunners said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-paper-talk-tavernier-approach-16621146

Middlesbrough turned down approaches from Watford and Barnsley (??) for Tav. Bold attempt by Barnsley

Could be Watford was permanent offer and Barnsley was a season loan offer. If we had actually signed some wide players then Tav spending a full season on loan at at a mid to lower end championship team where he would start 30+ games might not have been the worst idea for his development. But given our lack of options he definitely needs to remain

11 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Could be Watford was permanent offer and Barnsley was a season loan offer. If we had actually signed some wide players then Tav spending a full season on loan at at a mid to lower end championship team where he would start 30+ games might not have been the worst idea for his development. But given our lack of options he definitely needs to remain

He will be at a mid to lower end championship team anyway

We all know that the problem is the recruitment team and ultimately who has been sanctioning the sales. 

We had no right back apart from Shotton, but sold Cyrus Christie to a rival in Fulham. He excelled and they got promoted. 

We sold Adama to Wolves, we had no other right sided midfielder at the club. That money has not been reinvested properly into a replacement in that position. Again, who's fault is that to let him go?

Braithwaite is a good player, but he doesnt fancy it here. Not the fault of the recruitment but now we're having to offer him at a cut price to leave. Again, a problem that needs addressing. 

Since Ramirez has gone, we have had no number 10. I'd even have taken a punt on Lee Tomlin. He was good for us. But again, this hasnt been addressed and will always be a problematic position for us. 

The left side appeared to be addressed with Downing, Tav and Johnson, but non of them seem to have consistently been able to do the job or get played enough. Tav for me is probably going to start on the left as a cheaper alternative and to "give youth a chance", but I can accept that. 

Gestede is still here, I think he'll be okay to be honest. Hes a goal scorer and needs games. Is he ideal? No but again him, Fletcher and Britt are okay. 

I'm not too sure what I was trying to get at with this post, I'm having a poo and just thought about the absolute state we are in and ultimately where does responsibility for this lie? 

• Like 1

GK - Randolph / Mejias

RB - Howson (Actually a CM) / Spence

CB - Ayala (Injury prone) / Shotton

CB - Fry (Injured) / Stubbs / Wood

LB - Friend / Reading / Coulson

CDM - Clayton / Malley

CM - Wing / Saville

CM - McNair / Wearne? 

CAM - Braithwaite (going?) / Tavernier (Better centrally than out wide IMO)

RW - ?

ST - Assombalonga / Fletcher / Gestede

LW- ? / Johnson

Honestly the squad looks thin everywhere but in Central Midfield, Strikers and Goalkeepers assuming Randolph stays

How on earth can we end up in a position where we have 0 senior out and out wide players 

11 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

GK - Randolph / Mejias

RB - Howson (Actually a CM) / Spence

CB - Ayala (Injury prone) / Shotton

CB - Fry (Injured) / Stubbs / Wood

LB - Friend / Reading / Coulson

CDM - Clayton / Malley

CM - Wing / Saville

CM - McNair / Wearne? 

CAM - Braithwaite (going?) / Tavernier (Better centrally than out wide IMO)

RW - ?

ST - Assombalonga / Fletcher / Gestede

LW- ? / Johnson

Honestly the squad looks thin everywhere but in Central Midfield, Strikers and Goalkeepers assuming Randolph stays

How on earth can we end up in a position where we have 0 senior out and out wide players 

I am going to wait until the end of the transfer window to try and get my head around what planning is going on at the club. The deficiencies you highlight have been present for a while. Additionally, of the senior defenders only Fry has a contract beyond this year. Surely Bevington has looked at these things? I hope I am in for a pleasant surprise in the next couple of weeks.

31 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

We all know that the problem is the recruitment team and ultimately who has been sanctioning the sales. 

We had no right back apart from Shotton, but sold Cyrus Christie to a rival in Fulham. He excelled and they got promoted. 

We sold Adama to Wolves, we had no other right sided midfielder at the club. That money has not been reinvested properly into a replacement in that position. Again, who's fault is that to let him go?

Braithwaite is a good player, but he doesnt fancy it here. Not the fault of the recruitment but now we're having to offer him at a cut price to leave. Again, a problem that needs addressing. 

Since Ramirez has gone, we have had no number 10. I'd even have taken a punt on Lee Tomlin. He was good for us. But again, this hasnt been addressed and will always be a problematic position for us. 

The left side appeared to be addressed with Downing, Tav and Johnson, but non of them seem to have consistently been able to do the job or get played enough. Tav for me is probably going to start on the left as a cheaper alternative and to "give youth a chance", but I can accept that. 

Gestede is still here, I think he'll be okay to be honest. Hes a goal scorer and needs games. Is he ideal? No but again him, Fletcher and Britt are okay. 

I'm not too sure what I was trying to get at with this post, I'm having a poo and just thought about the absolute state we are in and ultimately where does responsibility for this lie? 

I agree the recruitment side of the club need some serious improvements but Cyrus Christie excelled at Fulham. He only started 2 games for them that season and made about 4 other appearances as a sub.

Well, I'm starting to feel pretty bad for Woody.

Shlonged 5 by a team no ones heard of

Flint sold the day after JW calls him a 'team leader'

Half of the team out of contract in a year

Need to sign 4-5 but linked with literally no one

Supposedly Wing and Tav agreed new deals around the same time as Wood but there's no sign of them actually signing them

Not looking good.

3 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Well, I'm starting to feel pretty bad for Woody.

Shlonged 5 by a team no ones heard of

Flint sold the day after JW calls him a 'team leader'

Half of the team out of contract in a year

Need to sign 4-5 but linked with literally no one

Supposedly Wing and Tav agreed new deals around the same time as Wood but there's no sign of them actually signing them

Not looking good.

Heidenheim are a good team, they scored 4 against Bayern in April. Lost 5-4, admittedly, but still, not many score 4 past Bayern.

They also came 5th in their league and were only 2 points off automatic promotion to the Bundesliga. The forward, Glatzel, that scored 3 yesterday directly contributed to 23 goals in 29 games last year - 17 in 26 in the league.

They're a good team, lets not try and act like we got beat by a team of nobodies.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Heidenheim are a good team, they scored 4 against Bayern in April. Lost 5-4, admittedly, but still, not many score 4 past Bayern.

They also came 5th in their league and were only 2 points off automatic promotion to the Bundesliga. The forward, Glatzel, that scored 3 yesterday directly contributed to 23 goals in 29 games last year - 17 in 26 in the league.

They're a good team, lets not try and act like we got beat by a team of nobodies.

No doubt there'll be some wise old sage on the Heidenheim fans forum telling their ra-ra's to calm down because they DID only beat a team of nobodies.

• Haha 1