oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

5 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Well, I'm starting to feel pretty bad for Woody.

Shlonged 5 by a team no ones heard of

Flint sold the day after JW calls him a 'team leader'

Half of the team out of contract in a year

Need to sign 4-5 but linked with literally no one

Supposedly Wing and Tav agreed new deals around the same time as Wood but there's no sign of them actually signing them

Not looking good.

Bit harsh to undermine the opposition, many might not of heard of them but they're a decent side who have been on a massive upward trajectory for the last decade. Finished 5th last year in Bundesliga 2. Also put 4 past Bayern in the cup.

The ability of German sides to put together decent squads for next to nothing is annoying mind.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Bit harsh to undermine the opposition, many might not of heard of them but they're a decent side who have been on a massive upward trajectory for the last decade. Finished 5th last year in Bundesliga 2. Also put 4 past Bayern in the cup.

The ability of German sides to put together decent squads for next to nothing is annoying mind.

Yeah it's a shame our recruitment team only recognise England as a country to sign players from, players with twice the talent for half the price abroad

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LinoJo3 said:

Tavernier needs to step up a lot if he’s going to be this hero everyone seems to have him as.

Does everyone see him as a big hero?

Pretty sure most see him as a decent young player who deserves to be in the side and makes more sense than spending £4million pound on a league one player when we have no money.

19 minutes ago, PsychFur said:

No doubt there'll be some wise old sage on the Heidenheim fans forum telling their ra-ra's to calm down because they DID only beat a team of nobodies.

Probably true.  It is after all one of the nine realms and they all think they are better than us lot on Earth anyway.  Nobheads.

Have we ever had a transfer window with so little players even linked? The club website don't even do the round up from the papers any more.

It seems like even those ITK and with numerous sources are hearing very little. If it's a case that we need to make do with what we've got, then so be it but surely we could have got additions in without major cost or massive wages. The idea in British football is that you need to spend big or recruit big names to improve, which couldn't be further from the truth.

3 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

It just seems to be business as usual, no signings, no apparent plan in place and we are in danger of falling even further behind other clubs such as Brentford, Bristol.

How are we in danger of falling even further behind teams, who have rarely, if ever, finished ahead of us?  Bristol City have managed to finish ahead of Boro once in about 50 years and that was nearly 10 years ago when they finished 1 point and 1 place ahead of us.  I'm not sure if Brentford ever have but if they have it's a long time ago.  We could fall behind them this season, that's possible and if it was going to happen then this season would be a decent bet, but we can't fall further behind teams that we weren't already behind to begin with.  If we're on for a bad season then we're on for a bad season but let's keep some perspective.

• Like 3
59 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

ye mon, plus aren't the Germans about to start their actual season this week too? so they'll have been in much better physical condition.. also didn't we basically fall apart once all the subs had been made? ...pre season means nothing - I'm pretty sure the season we went down under Southgate, we had a barnstorming preseason and he even won the first month's manager of the month.. so pre/early season form isn't a great indication for success.

Turning the team around from multiple years of defensive mindedness into a more attacking style is gonna take time, probably more than 3/4's of a summer..... people starting to get on JW's back already after a preseason game is ridiculous.

• Like 1
Just now, chickenlunch said:

ye mon, plus aren't the Germans about to start their actual season this week too? so they'll have been in much better physical condition.. also didn't we basically fall apart once all the subs had been made? ...pre season means nothing - I'm pretty sure the season we went down under Southgate, we had a barnstorming preseason and he even won the first month's manager of the month.. so pre/early season form isn't a great indication for success.

Turning the team around from multiple years of defensive mindedness into a more attacking style is gonna take time, probably more than 3/4's of a summer..... people starting to get on JW's back already after a preseason game is ridiculous.

They were already battering us by the time we made the subs but they didn't score till after Ayala went off, yeah.

So I worded it wrong you know what I mean, teams from that ‘upper mid table’ section have caught up and passed us season after season.

Started way back with Watford, Burnley, Bournemouth, up to the likes of Cardiff, Huddersfield, Sheffield Utd. I’d put money on the likes of Bristol and Brentford finishing higher than us. Brentford in particular have put together a team we can only dream of.

fulham look to have invested their parachute payments very wisely and Leeds are quietly building a good team.

Pretend all you want that we are doing just as well but at least on paper we have ballsed up on an epic scale.

It’s not like this is just a one off either, we’ve been short of a decent wide left player since Johnson left, we sold our best striker and replaced him with a traffic cone who ended up sat next to the lamp post on the bench.

We have 1 senior full back at the club

Weve had a good wide right player for about 6 months in the last god knows how many years

To top it all off we were top heavy in CM last season and we went out and spent our remaining budget on 2 center mids.

Its that bad you couldn’t make it up, we have been terribly ran since after the play offs, not only making the same mistakes but some how making worse mistakes year on year.

The only thing stopping us from being in Sunderland’s position is Gibson the same person who’s put us in this position in the first place. Yes he pumps money into the club but only because he has to fix bad decision after bad decision and some baffling transfers.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

Who will leave this week? 

Braithwaite 

Gestede

Johnson

Randy

Saville 

Think Braithwaite, Randolph will be gone. The rest but cannot see anybody paying for them, Gestede will have to be paid off.

1 hour ago, LinoJo3 said:

So I worded it wrong you know what I mean, teams from that ‘upper mid table’ section have caught up and passed us season after season.

Started way back with Watford, Burnley, Bournemouth, up to the likes of Cardiff, Huddersfield, Sheffield Utd. I’d put money on the likes of Bristol and Brentford finishing higher than us. Brentford in particular have put together a team we can only dream of.

fulham look to have invested their parachute payments very wisely and Leeds are quietly building a good team.

Pretend all you want that we are doing just as well but at least on paper we have ballsed up on an epic scale.

It’s not like this is just a one off either, we’ve been short of a decent wide left player since Johnson left, we sold our best striker and replaced him with a traffic cone who ended up sat next to the lamp post on the bench.

We have 1 senior full back at the club

Weve had a good wide right player for about 6 months in the last god knows how many years

To top it all off we were top heavy in CM last season and we went out and spent our remaining budget on 2 center mids.

Its that bad you couldn’t make it up, we have been terribly ran since after the play offs, not only making the same mistakes but some how making worse mistakes year on year.

The only thing stopping us from being in Sunderland’s position is Gibson the same person who’s put us in this position in the first place. Yes he pumps money into the club but only because he has to fix bad decision after bad decision and some baffling transfers.

I do completely get your point but to.me it's clear the club are trying to change. 

Gibson tried big spending and a new direction with Monk and at the time, it looked like we spent fairly well but then that unravelled.

Gibson then went for experience and (wrongly imo) changed tact again and hoped that the pragmatic, defensive approach from Pulis could be adapted to the championship, to be structured and organised but equally score goals. But whilst we were close with the playoffs Pulis was dogmatic, negative, poor in the transfer market and ultimately lost the fans.

So we are here now, the recruitment was adapted already by brining in Bevington a year a go and we are apparently committed to a positive football approach with Woodgate.

I had hoped for more this transfer window but maybe it'll take time and will be more planned over the space of a few seasons. But it's safe to say the club are trying to change and get this right.

I think we do definitely have an issue with overpaying both in terms of fees and wages but maybe in sorting that, we are having issues getting players in the short term. Wholesale change in approach can't take place overnight.