oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think we'll sign 6 players, I dare say we may not sign more than 2 if we can't shift anyone in time.

I think after the English window closes. Unlike last year, our loan window closes at the same time as theirs too. So we won't have the benefit of having a few unavailable players to look at, if we could even afford them. Don't imagine there's many cheap over-21s at Prem clubs who wouldn't be in their squads to pick from.

Well that sucks!

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

On 7/19/2019 at 9:43 AM, RichAcklam2404 said:

John O'Shea has been at Rockliffe today, I am not sure why but most probably a coaching role perhaps? Obviously him and Keane go way back with the Irish team. Could just be visiting mind, thought I'd share...

Maybe there was interest in a coaching role, or maybe he was just researching? 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49071282

• Like 1

If braithwaite goes then we need 3 forwards, 2 wide and 1 of some kind of central attacking player I can’t see any other way around it, specially if howson going to be at rb.

3 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

If braithwaite goes then we need 3 forwards, 2 wide and 1 of some kind of central attacking player I can’t see any other way around it, specially if howson going to be at rb.

I can see what you mean with the wide players but we would still have Britt, Fletcher and Gestede for the central role so I don’t think a central player would be required 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I can see what you mean with the wide players but we would still have Britt, Fletcher and Gestede for the central role so I don’t think a central player would be required 

I mean like a ‘link player’, either a 2nd striker who drops deeper like braithwaite did or a Cm who gets right up alongside. Fletcher had a few good games but is also extremely hit and miss, saville did it for Millwall but in a very long ball side. I think it’s a priority position.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

Someone posted some spreadsheet of ffp data, not sure how accurate it is but it said we are £7m under the ffp allowance, I.e Gibson can if he wants put £7m of his own cash in.

Unless they had actual figures for the 18/19 Season and upto date figures for the 19/20 Season it won't be accurate. You'll be able to make a reasonable estimate using the figures from 17/18 Season.

Under EFL rules clubs are permitted to lose a maximum of £5 Million per season and £15 Million over 3 Season. But if the owner invests his own money clubs are allowed to lose a maximum of £13 Million per season and £39 Million over 3 seasons. Gibson is only allowed to invest £8 Million into the club per season. So there is a cap on owner investments.

I'm not sure how Villa managed to have their owner invest loads last season, unless because they sold a percentage of the shares that money is classed as something other than owner investment in the EFL rules. 

Then there is also the contentious issue of selling training ground and stadiums to companies owned by the same owner as the football club, i.e. Sheffield Wednesday, Derby and Villa.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

No update on MB. One day I hope to bring good news

I am sure he will go, it just depends on who blinks first. Braithwaite wont let matters lie I am sure! I bet he doesn't play tomorrow night or even in the squad!

2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Unless they had actual figures for the 18/19 Season and upto date figures for the 19/20 Season it won't be accurate. You'll be able to make a reasonable estimate using the figures from 17/18 Season.

Under EFL rules clubs are permitted to lose a maximum of £5 Million per season and £15 Million over 3 Season. But if the owner invests his own money clubs are allowed to lose a maximum of £13 Million per season and £39 Million over 3 seasons. Gibson is only allowed to invest £8 Million into the club per season. So there is a cap on owner investments.

I'm not sure how Villa managed to have their owner invest loads last season, unless because they sold a percentage of the shares that money is classed as something other than owner investment in the EFL rules. 

Then there is also the contentious issue of selling training ground and stadiums to companies owned by the same owner as the football club, i.e. Sheffield Wednesday, Derby and Villa.

Dan, from a ffp aspect Derby sold their stadium 2018/19. I presume the benefit of that  will expire 3 years hence, unless of course he sells it back to them for £1.

14 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Dan, from a ffp aspect Derby sold their stadium 2018/19. I presume the benefit of that  will expire 3 years hence, unless of course he sells it back to them for £1.

Spot on it will, it's a very short sighted decision by the clubs doing it.

They wouldn't be able to sell it back for £1 however, due to the "True and Fair value" stipulations.

• Like 1

This stadium selling thing could ruin clubs in the future, I can’t imagine many of these owners wanting to give up virtually guaranteed income and what is often prime land.

26 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

what if the payments are spread over say.. 5 - 10 years

20 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

No news at all SDS?

Not even little snippets

Getting names of clubs or players is proving very difficult. The fact I'm getting bits as our RAF and Lurker makes me think incomings might not be as close as I hoped from yesterdays message