oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

like we did the last time we really blooded youngsters because we really were skint. hang on didnt they turn out to be pretty damn good? pallister, mogga, cooper, parko, hammy, rippers that crap lower league scottish player we'd never heard of, sure there is more but dont remember off top of head.

like now fry, spencer, wood-gordon, pears, walker, wing. loads of local lads in or on the brink of making it to the first team. future looks really promising to me. going back to being a proper football club again. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

I think we are playing the waiting game again... told we have made offers for players but clubs are making decisions last minute. I think that only relates to loans... get the MB situation sorted. Which is payment up front / loyalty payment to player causing problems. 

5 hours ago, Dynamo Kev said:

like we did the last time we really blooded youngsters because we really were skint. hang on didnt they turn out to be pretty damn good? pallister, mogga, cooper, parko, hammy, rippers that crap lower league scottish player we'd never heard of, sure there is more but dont remember off top of head.

like now fry, spencer, wood-gordon, pears, walker, wing. loads of local lads in or on the brink of making it to the first team. future looks really promising to me. going back to being a proper football club again. 

Wasn’t the last time we blooded youngsters when we got relegated under Southgate? I’m all for giving the young guys a chance and am very supportive when the best come through, but we obviously need to sign some experience to go alongside and some attacking players who have a proven record (esp if we are selling a few). Makes it all the more baffling that our recruitment team was left intact post-Pulis.

Also - The noises about money from the club are a choice  - an understandable one as Gibson has chucked millions into the club - but a choice nevertheless. Derby, Villa, Cardiff have all found ways around ffp. There are plenty of people that want to invest in championship clubs - look at the number of foreign owners. If we choose to go for a youth only policy and suffer (as I expect we might), then Gibson carries the can. I’m really hoping Woodgate and the team can surprise us but i’m not optimistic at present (with no investment in the squad at all).

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I think we are playing the waiting game again... told we have made offers for players but clubs are making decisions last minute. I think that only relates to loans... get the MB situation sorted. Which is payment up front / loyalty payment to player causing problems. 

He's desperate to go so it will end up happening. 

How can someone who has agitated for a move for the 2 years he's been here, downed tools that almost matched Yak's efforts (or lack of) get a loyalty payment... MB you want to go, put it in writing !

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

LOYALTY PAYMENT. The complete and utter tosser, whoever buys him are completely welcome to him!!!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I imagine that meeting they all had was surrounding his loyalty payment and whether he'd be willing to waive any of it, then.

So what exactly do you have to do to achieve a loyalty payment. Can anyone enlighten me. It obviously doesn't involve normal peoples interpretation of loyalty!

Seems to be the trend with footballers, they want to move clubs, but don't want to give up  any loyalty bonuses they would not be entitled to if they put in a transfer request.

10 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

LOYALTY PAYMENT. The complete and utter tosser, whoever buys him are completely welcome to him!!!

It's just how it's defined. Signing on fee in old terms. 

Changed it as it's settled over a few years instead of initial up-front payment. So it's just a staggered signing on fee

It's a horrible definition, though. Get paid extra for staying loyal to your contract, pah.

It's something that automatically gets waived if they submit an official transfer request though, isn't it? I believe it's why even though so many players still push for moves, you rarely see any of them submit formal transfer requests.

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

It's just how it's defined. Signing on fee in old terms. 

Changed it as it's settled over a few years instead of initial up-front payment. So it's just a staggered signing on fee

Now, my source is football manager so it may be off base, but the game has loyalty fees and signing on bonuses as two distinct things.

I just find it infuriating that a problem we had last season is now causing problems before we have started this season.

Sums up the unprofessional manners of our behind the scenes team.

Just how many man hours are taken up to pacify a player who clearly does not want to be here, it's pathetic! 

• Like 1