Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I doubt that’s what we’ll be doing, more probably trying to negotiate a cheaper pay off that’s means we can afford to accept the bid.

Oh I know that's definitely not what we were doing, that was just in response to suggestions we should have forced him to put in a transfer request when he went on loan for game time with a view to the world cup

Not sure if we were ever really serious about Grosicki from Hull, but just read his agents comments that they plan to see out the final year of his contract at Hull, hopefully impress at next years Euros and get a new club with a bumper pay deal (he'll be 32 then).  Sounds a bit risky , and also like a money grabbing so-and-so, but I guess careers are short and they need to make hay whilst the sun shines. 

Hopefully this ends our interest (if we had any). 

Not sure if we were ever really serious about Grosicki from Hull, but just read his agents comments that they plan to see out the final year of his contract at Hull, hopefully impress at next years Euros and get a new club with a bumper pay deal (he'll be 32 then).  Sounds a bit risky , and also like a money grabbing so-and-so, but I guess careers are short and they need to make hay whilst the sun shines. 

Hopefully this ends our interest (if we had any). 

I’ve never really liked Grosicky as a signing anyway, from what Hull fans say it’s a very similar situation to Braithwaite.

Expensive and clearly talented, turns it on when he wants and doesn’t really want to be there.

Avoid!

39 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Oh I know that's definitely not what we were doing, that was just in response to suggestions we should have forced him to put in a transfer request when he went on loan for game time with a view to the world cup

That's not what was said though.  I said it should have been made clear to him at that time that if he wanted to go out on loan to aid his attempt to make the Danish World Cup squad then he would be waiving his 'loyalty fee' payments in the future. 

Also, a club can tell a player to submit a transfer request if the player wants to leave the club.  If the player doesn't want to leave then that's different of course but there's no issue at all with a club telling a player to submit an official transfer request if the player wants to move.

Edited by Changing Times
1 hour ago, BoroJake said:

@Smoggydownsouth

Are we trying to sell clayton? Just seen on twitter he is in Harrogate so it looks like he won’t be included tonight. Also didn’t go to Germany 

Doesn't he live in Harrogate? Might just be travelling down separately?

1 hour ago, Snowblind said:

I've liked Todd Kane for a while. Pacy FB. Quite tricky too. Good going forward - perhaps needs a little extra coaching on the defensive positioning, but should do well if utilised properly. 

One of the lowest rated right backs last season on whoscored.  One assist last season and never had more than two assists in any season to date.  If his strength is going forward he must be bloody useless defending.  Scored three goals though so would be prolific by our standards ?

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

One of the lowest rated right backs last season on whoscored.  One assist last season and never had more than two assists in any season to date.  If his strength is going forward he must be bloody useless defending.  Scored three goals though so would be prolific by our standards ?

I'd prefer to see how well Howson does as I think he's got the attributes, but it's good to have an actual Senior RB. Also I've found Whoscored doesn't rate defenders very well as it rewards clean sheets heavily which are obviously a team effort rather than an individual rating and doesn't quite account for nuances like effective positioning.

8 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I'd prefer to see how well Howson does as I think he's got the attributes, but it's good to have an actual Senior RB. Also I've found Whoscored doesn't rate defenders very well as it rewards clean sheets heavily which are obviously a team effort rather than an individual rating and doesn't quite account for nuances like effective positioning.

Oh yeah I agree about whoscored's ratings to be honest.  I just found it interesting he was quite low down and behind Shotton, Fry and Howson on that list but yeah those ratings can be misleading.  I had a look through some of the individual stats and it was a mixed bag really.  Nothing that looked terrible but not much that looked great.  I wouldn't have a particular issue with us signing him if they feel he can improve us but I really hope that it's not with a view to having Shotton play as a central defender.