Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

I very much doubt Mejias is even in the frame for first choice goalkeeper, regardless of what happens with Randolph. We obviously lost Dimi and the Champion's League winners newest signing Andy Lonergan, so we needed a backup.

If Randolph does go, I think we'll probably have an incoming lined up, likely a loan of a highly rated young PL keeper.

7 minutes ago, BoroJoey said:

Todd Kane. Always remember seeing him on old FM/FIFA getting released and ending up at some league 2 basement team. Into the era of 'scraping the barrel'

On 'old FM', Michael Mancienne became the most expensive player in the world and England captain.

1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Braithwaite still out "sick" clayton travelled , randolph shoulder injury is now a calf strain..... less said there the better

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Randolph doesn't want to leave but the club are happy to sell him for the right price. We've turned down a few derisory bids but any serious offers and he's probably gone ?

IF selling Randolph means keeping hold of Fry then i'd reluctantly accept it. Mejias is a decent enough keeper for this league.

So...Randolph doesn’t want to leave but his shoulder injury is now now a calf strain. Has a decision been made by club/player/both to feign injury? Or is he genuinely injured? 

We have no creativity on the wings. Nobody to give Assombalonga, one of the most prolific strikes in the Championship, the opportunities to score. And equally crucially, nobody to split the defence to create space for 2 of the midfield 3 to get in dangerous goal-scoring positions. Our season is dependant on 2 good signings after Braithwaite departs, as well as keeping hold of Randolph. Otherwise we're dependant on good ol' battling Boro to huff and puff just to keep us in this league.

32 minutes ago, 2plus2 said:

Our season is dependant on 2 good signings after Braithwaite departs, as well as keeping hold of Randolph. 

I'd agree that our best transfer business will be in regards to who we keep. Unfortunately we have put ourselves in a position where depending on who we can shift out will ultimately affect who we can keep.

2 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

But that's technically the same thing, especially if you are making it a condition of granting a loan. There is a difference between a player wanting to leave for game time and wanting a permanent transfer.

He had game time here and it's not the same thing at all.  If he wanted out for any reason at all then that's him wanting to move elsewhere quite clearly.  There was no reason for us to let him go out on loan without it benefiting us in some way.  The 'benefit' was the fact that Pulis obviously didn't want him but that's his own thing and didn't really benefit the club.  If he wanted to move after 6 months then it should have been arranged in such a way as to benefit both us and him.

51 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

tbh I heard it was a calf injury at the hartlepool game

I thought someone posted on here that he'd said it was a minor calf strain when they spoke to him at that game?  Here or one of the other forums anyway.  Doesn't mean he's not being left out so we can sell him though I guess.