oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

2 minutes ago, FamilyBoro said:

Sorry risk of repeating old ground but what do people see as the ideal/realistic(ish) end to the window. 

For me I'd say:

Out:

Shotton, Gestede & Saville 

In:

Use Coulson at LB with Friend as cover

New RB with Howson as cover

New ball to feet CB to play alongside Fry with Ayala as cover

2 pacey wingers right & left. 

IMO the defensive options are realistically achievable and possibly 1 wide player with the time/funds available and obviously dependent on others leaving. 

I don't think we can afford to sell any of those players to be honest, we're very thin on the ground as it is.

• Like 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I don't think we can afford to sell any of those players to be honest, we're very thin on the ground as it is.

I don't think any of them are particularly sellable anyway.  Not with their likely contracts. 

4 minutes ago, Hobo said:

I don't think any of them are particularly sellable anyway.  Not with their likely contracts. 

7 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Yes agree liklihood of them actually being sold is low was just saying who would people like to see leave. 

I'd say with my earlier list that's a squad of 21 ish so yes can be a couple short:

GK: Randolph, Mejas, (Pears)

Defenders: Friend, Ayala, Fry, (Coulson), (Reading), (Spence), New RB, New CB

Midfield: Clayton, Howson, McNair, Johnson, Wing, Tav, New LW, New RW

Strikers: Fletcher, Britt

very happy with the players weve moved on thus far . i accept its not going to be a quick fix regarding getting the quantity and quality of additions  and realistically it may take 3 years or thereabouts to reorganise in that department,  in the meantime and just taking this coming season in mind id be delighted if we could shift  Gestede,  hopefully bring in two defenders that are comfortable ball players  ,one right sided the other central  ,   and  we need  two players that can be a direct supply line to the attack  whether they be actual wingers or AM   .  at least two would have to be loans for the  time being  i would imagine. 

SO i believe were 4 players short currently if no one of major importance leaves in the next two weeks,  Posibly we may be ok with 3  if Tav,Wing  or McNair can operate  further forward than last year  

Braithwaite, Marc Navarro and Roberto Rosales are already in Tangier with the rest of their new partners. They have flown this morning from Madrid. The normal thing is that the

@CDLeganes

Make your signing official in a matter of a few hours.

• Like 1

Well he would've played a few games with Fry at CB for the U21s? So that might have helped him settle in, haven't really seen him play so couldn't really comment. 

All I know of him is he got sent off for a red card tackle on Traore, I think it might have been immediately after coming on as a sub, in the 3-3 game at the Stadium of Light over a year ago.

2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I’m not sure we are after another CB, other positions are more of a priority. 

Wouldn’t say a priority, but we do need one imo. Ayala or Fry get injured and we are playing Friend/Shotton there. 

5 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Woody said we are, to be fair, after Flint left.

4 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

You might not have seen these quotes from Woodgate, from the Gazette after Flint left:

The versatility of both Shotton and Friend will be useful for Woodgate this season, who also has youngsters such as Sam Stubbs and Nathan Wood knocking on the door as he assesses his options at the heart of the defence.

It is, however, an area he wants to strengthen.

"We'll get a replacement," he said.