oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 hour ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

@Lurkerany news on anything? 

Just that Braithwaite's gone. 

£5m to spend with a couple of permanents and loans lined up. 

Aiming for at least 5 players in before the deadline. 

• Like 7
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

Theres no way hes on twice anyone else. Randolph and britt have both gotta be pushing 35 to 40k and theres no way that braithwaite is on 80k. 

Can't see why either would be anywhere near that, they'll both be on around 20-25k tops.

Britt has never played in the prem, so whilst he will have got a wage increase coming to us it'll have been no more than 12k to around 20k. Likewise Randolph whilst he has played in the prem, has mainly been in the championship and keepers are generally not massive earners.

1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Can't see why either would be anywhere near that, they'll both be on around 20-25k tops.

Britt has never played in the prem, so whilst he will have got a wage increase coming to us it'll have been no more than 12k to around 20k. Likewise Randolph whilst he has played in the prem, has mainly been in the championship and keepers are generally not massive earners.

Except we were clearly throwing money around for shits and giggles that summer. I've no difficulty believing Britt and Randolph are on more than £25k.

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Cheers for info @Lurker 

I will assume its the following:-

2 wide men

2 full backs

A centre back

Albeit given Coulson rave pre season reviews can see club maybe deciding against a left back and letting Coulson and Friend fight for left bsck

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Except we were clearly throwing money around for shits and giggles that summer. I've no difficulty believing Britt and Randolph are on more than £25k.

If Britts agent got his client a weekly salary of £20k on the back of a £15m move he needs sacking. If a club is willing to pay £15m for you and make you they record ever signing then the club are also willing to to pay you a handsome salary.

And Randolph signed for West Ham as a free agent so given lack of transfer fee he will have also been on a handsome salary if his agent had any brains.

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

If that's the case why was Downing's wage always highlighted as the one we needed desperately off the wage bill when he was on 35k? 

There is no way either are on that much

3 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

If that's the case why was Downing's wage always highlighted as the one we needed desperately off the wage bill when he was on 35k? 

Because he brought absolutely nothing to the table for the last 4 years and he was in danger of triggering an extension on the same level? Fairly straightforward.

2 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Because Downing was a bit-part, relatively ineffectual player in his mid-30s a year or so from retirement and growing more ineffectual by the day.

In comparison, Britt is our top goalscorer 2 seasons running and Randolph is our #1 keeper who just had one of, if not the best season of his career. Getting Downing's wages off the bill over theirs is a matter of value for money.

7 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Because Downing was a 35 yrs old wide player who was not even guaranteed to start every game under the new way we wish to play.

Unlike Britt who in his mid to late 20s and Randolph who at 32 is not old for a kepper. And who by all means are both virtually guaranteed starters

Therefore under the above circumstances it made no sense to pay downing that level of wage

18 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm thinking, just going on the types of players linked so far, 

1 full back (Todd kane?) 

2 wingers (lad from westham)

1 number 10 

1 CB 

9 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Because Downing was a bit-part, relatively ineffectual player in his mid-30s a year or so from retirement and growing more ineffectual by the day.

In comparison, Britt is our top goalscorer 2 seasons running and Randolph is our #1 keeper who just had one of, if not the best season of his career. Getting Downing's wages off the bill over theirs is a matter of value for money.

But he's literally stated as a big earner that we need off the wage bill. I don't think I have ever seen anyone refer to Britt as a big earner, once again it's just presumed.

I know for a fact that Gestede was our second highest earner this summer and he's on 30k

3 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

But he's literally stated as a big earner that we need off the wage bill. I don't think I have ever seen anyone refer to Britt as a big earner, once again it's just presumed.

I know for a fact that Gestede was our second highest earner this summer and he's on 30k

I'd be interested as to how you know that as a fact.

2 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Because I have a mate who works for avid, his agency. I could also tell you Kenny Miller's wage if you like

I'll pass thanks. But I doubt someone who works for an agency will know the wages of all the other boro players who arent with that agency.