Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Will said:

Britt was on £20k a week at Forest, rather remarkable that @SzilardNemethsCurtainsIs claiming he’s take A very modest pay rise from this level on the back of a £15m transfer...

And also completely contradicts every report report from the time of the transfer that said he was doubling his Forest wage + goal bonuses.

3D699B4D-9A1A-41B8-AF9B-DC092EDA2933.jpeg

You don't need to petty with it, I stated my opinion regarding Britt and what I'd heard.

I genuinely didn't think we would be paying a player who has only played in the championship 40k a week, where as I can see why we would bring downing in on 35k coming down from the Prem but I am happy to admit I could be wrong with that. 

Didn't really understand the need to try make me out to be an idiot but fair enough, might give this board a miss tbh

1 minute ago, BoroJoey said:

Hopefully we can go out and get that much needed no. 10 now.

We seem to be going 433 so no #10.

However without serious additions I can’t see 433 working at all with this current squad.

2 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

But he's literally stated as a big earner that we need off the wage bill. I don't think I have ever seen anyone refer to Britt as a big earner, once again it's just presumed.

I know for a fact that Gestede was our second highest earner this summer and he's on 30k

50k isnt double that either....

Regardless of what anyone is on, I think we all now agree Bailey was wrong and we shouldnt be fighting amongst ourselves. Our primary sale target has been sold so lets see the knock on effect.

Also just going on from a previous post, I also dont believe Tav is an orthodox winger but in a 433 he can be an effective forward which is what the front 3 need to be.

• Like 1

Tav is not a forward, right of a midfield 3 coming central and making runs into the box is where I’d play him. Looks to ineffective to me when played wide forward.

20 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

You don't need to petty with it, I stated my opinion regarding Britt and what I'd heard.

I genuinely didn't think we would be paying a player who has only played in the championship 40k a week, where as I can see why we would bring downing in on 35k coming down from the Prem but I am happy to admit I could be wrong with that. 

Didn't really understand the need to try make me out to be an idiot but fair enough, might give this board a miss tbh

What makes you think we wouldn't do that, out of interest? Not trying to be an *** about it, I just think it's quite naive.

We had Prem money and were flaunting it, wanting to smash the league and all that. I don't think there was anything about our summer spending that season that suggested we weren't willing to play ball for the sake of signing our first choice players. And I bet agents had a bloody field day with that.

After all going back and looking back at the Braithwaite signing, we supposedly fought off Premier League clubs like West Ham, Bournemouth and Brighton. That doesn't come with a simple belief that we are the best place to be, it's exactly as Pulis said it was; players came to Middlesbrough for a good pay packet. And hell, we didn't care about that, we were going up as far as we were concerned, one way or another. So hey, let's go in with a nice low £6.5m offer for Fletcher and get the ball rolling on that. Might be worth going back and watching Slaven Bilic's interviews on that as he was absolutely gobsmacked, as I imagine were their chairmen. I wouldn't say that gives any credence to the idea we might still be playing hardball over wages.

And like Will has said, this was our record signing, our big money #9 who was gonna bag us 500 goals and fire us up. This isn't just another Championship player, certainly not to us he wasn't. He was our main target to lead the line, to take on the mantle of being our frightening goalscorer. Can you imagine being Britt's representatives if we came to the table with a measly £5k increase on his previous salary? Nah, no chance for me mate. This was their chance to make it a big deal for their client. And we were not in the mood to say no.

9 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Tav is not a forward, right of a midfield 3 coming central and making runs into the box is where I’d play him. Looks to ineffective to me when played wide forward.

It might not be his best position but I think Tav would do a decent job as an inside forward in this division. He's not a winger, for sure. I don't think we'll see him whipping in quality crosses at all. But he can still play in the 3 up front without doing that.

• Like 1

Interesting to see if any of our recent bank loans get paid off now. I'm pretty sure a chunk of the money will go there. I'd guess we've received £8m up front across Flint and Braithwaite. I think £6m of that needs to go to lenders so the £2m for transfers and fees mentioned yesterday would make sense.

31 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

It might not be his best position but I think Tav would do a decent job as an inside forward in this division. He's not a winger, for sure. I don't think we'll see him whipping in quality crosses at all. But he can still play in the 3 up front without doing that.

Get him high up the pitch with Britt, Fletch and Wing and we’ll score plenty.

I wonder who else we looked at from the Eredivisie if we looked at Sheraldo Becker

Youssef El Jebli could be a perfect replacement for Braithwaite, number 10 who can play on either wing and would come cheap too 

• Like 1