oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Don’t think I’ve had hostility when passing on info. Not really bothered anyway.

Braithwaite wasn’t all bad. Didn’t take what he was due for his loyalty payment. 

€5m we got

• Like 4
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Don’t think I’ve had hostility when passing on info. Not really bothered anyway.

Braithwaite wasn’t all bad. Didn’t take what he was due for his loyalty payment. 

€5m we got

happy to push the move through I'd expect

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

€5m we got

At least he has a tiny bit of morality

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Lmao. Ever heard the saying 

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

That applies here. Calm down with the *** victim complex man, nobody is better than anybody (except CT obviously, I'm sure he'll tell you the same thing) it's attitudes that often get pulled up on here not content.

-------

Back on topic, on the transfers front, I hope we have a couple things lined up quickly now!

See this is what I don't understand - I'm not emotionally invested like some of you. I just speak my mind, so all this "calm down" and "playing the victim" means absolutely nothing to me. 

I just find some posters incredibly tedious and when they spend days questioning the validity of a bit of info someone passes on - who cares?

Take it for what it is - it's just a bit of gossip passed on.  

As for the" higher than thou" thing, there's definitely posters on here who think they're better than everyone else - the persecution of KingBoro just because he isn't as articulate and maybe as knowledgeable as some on here shows that. 

19 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

It's a forum and maybe we should simply choose to ignore, take with a pinch of salt, should you wish but accept that this is the way forums go.

I wonder how often people do choose to ignore. If more people used that functionality of the forum, maybe it'd be a more chill place! People who get their knickers in a twist with each other can simply avoid one another for the benefit of the forum. I know I do it. As said, it's sometimes annoying when you can still see ignored comments in quotes but, in the words of B*Witched, c'est la vie.

42 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Still trying for Saville, but teams won't pay for him at present. I think there will be attempts for key players, but we have held up so far by the sound of it.

Hopefully the work we have done this summer to reduce the wage bill, i.e. Downing (Released), all the loanees going back, Flint and now Braithwaite being sold, is enough to not need to sell any of the key players.

But obviously it is a balancing act as we need to bring in players to fill certain position, but we also need money in the bank to do that. As it stands selling one of Britt, Fry or Randolph would give us those funds to strengthen. 

Hopefully we can get a few others out before needing to sell one of those. Getting the likes of Gestede, Johnson etc may well allow us to keep all the key players and strengthen.

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I wonder how often people do choose to ignore. If more people used that functionality of the forum, maybe it'd be a more chill place! People who get their knickers in a twist with each other can simply avoid one another for the benefit of the forum. I know I do it. As said, it's sometimes annoying when you can still see ignored comments in quotes but, in the words of B*Witched, c'est la vie.

Is quoting B*Witched an ignorable offence? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5m euros for Martin is again very good business by the club imo. It was said earlier but he had us over a barrel, massive wages and didn't want to play for us. He's also 28 now so not likely much sell on potential. 

I think the club would be mental to sell Britt now especially after his hattrick. He's one of the few bright spots of what could be playing an attacking style.

@Lurker any hints on positions or where these players might come from (prem loans/ lower league/ foreign).

Still think we are missing a massive trick not looking abroad. There's been some real successful winger stories recently.

20 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Was going to say that I have to disagree with you there RS, actually I still am!

There have been a few comments in the past aimed at those who share (I really appreciate those contributions as it keeps the thread alive even if it does not pan out) but I do not recall out and out hostility with comments made towards those that do share.

It's a forum and maybe we should simply choose to ignore, take with a pinch of salt, should you wish but accept that this is the way forums go.

The contributions made in the oneBoro forum are terrific and clearly we all have the same wishes in our hearts and minds and that is Middlesbrough FC and how good or bad they do in a season.

All we can do is comment, post matters of interest et al as none of us can do a thing about how the club is run and structured.

So keep posting one and all and do as I have always advocated in that if you get a chance get to a oneBoro forum meet up and get to know people and just not typed words.

RS comes across as a grumpy old so and so BUT he is not especially if you do meet him, one of the nicest guys you could ever meet and with a passion for Persian Cats!!  Just joking it could be his better half!

DZ getting a lot of stick over his ITK about Woodgate springs to mind, he also said his brother stopped posting completely for those reasons unless I remember wrong, diggerlad I think.  I'm sure Southern smoggy said he'd stop posting info at one point to for similar reasons - unless like I said my memory is playing up. 

That's just off the top of my head. 

I remember having a bit of fun with Kingboro and I think it was Lurker and we were  berated for "having fun" as certain posters strictly wanted "transfer info only" and our craic was boring - then in the next breath I get called grumpy. 

Pinch of salt to me. 

34 minutes ago, Lurker said:

€5m we got

€5 Million works out at roughly £4.4 Million. Do you have any idea if that is all upfront? If the €5 Million figure is true that is about half of what we allegedly paid for him 2 years ago.

Obviuosly the original fee we paid could be less due to him not triggering clauses. But on the flip side the fee we have just gotten could also be lower due to also having performance clauses in them. All in all that is a good deal. £4.4 Million fee plus his wages off the books.

6 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

DZ getting a lot of stick over his ITK about Woodgate springs to mind, he also said his brother stopped posting completely for those reasons unless I remember wrong, diggerlad I think.  I'm sure Southern smoggy said he'd stop posting info at one point to for similar reasons - unless like I said my memory is playing up. 

That's just off the top of my head. 

I remember having a bit of fun with Kingboro and I think it was Lurker and we were  berated for "having fun" as certain posters strictly wanted "transfer info only" and our craic was boring - then in the next breath I get called grumpy. 

Pinch of salt to me. 

Again DZ got stick for his attitude not for posting the knowledge. Ask him I'm sure he'll tell you himself he was lording it over others at times.

For someone who doesn't care at all about this stuff you post a lot of overly emotional sounding posts about it

irrational man help GIF

Yeah I mean it's not ideal that we've lost a fair amount on his transfer, but I think in general we've been quite good at getting back what we bought players for recently and his crippling wages are now off the books. Can't believe an international Forward couldn't generate more interest but maybe clubs have been taking note of his attitude...

Also can we have a separate "petty arguments" thread?

• Like 2