Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

I do actually care when I see a bunch of *** holes gang up on a kid on here, I'll give you that - but if you think I care what the likes of you and others think of me then you really are putting yourselves on pedastles you don't belong on. 

Enough already frankly I am fed up with this bickering as I am sure others are.

This is not a appreciation/don't like RS thread or vies versa.

Can we move on there are far more important things, boy I am sweating buckets at the moment so possibly there is some sunstroke going on within the forum.

Moderating can be such fun...………………………...NOT!

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

I do actually care when I see a bunch of *** holes gang up on a kid on here, I'll give you that - but if you think I care what the likes of you and others think of me then you really are putting yourselves on pedastles you don't belong on. 

Careful, your bottom lip is quivering ?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Enough already frankly I am fed up with this bickering as I am sure others are.

This is not a appreciation/don't like RS thread or vies versa.

Can we move on there are far more important things, boy I am sweating buckets at the moment so possibly there is some sunstroke going on within the forum.

Moderating can be such fun...………………………...NOT!

Personally I think we should have a thread devoted to just bickering. Could have someone just start off a totally daft thing and watch a huge argument break out over whether garlic sauce belongs on a kebab or something

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Our wage bill must have taken a huge cut now? Downing, Braithwaite, Flint, Hugill, Mikel, Leadbitter, VLP... probably missing some others. 

I'm still cautiously optimistic we'll get 4-5 in and finish the window with a 'meh, pretty happy with that to be fair.' 

Our total staff (Players, Staff and matchday staff) costs for the 17/18 season were approximately £65 Million. I wouldn't be surprised if over the course of the 18/19 season we managed to reduced those costs by £12 Million - £20 Million.

But that is conjecture on my part. We won't know for certain on that until the next set of accounts are released.

Again an extra bit of conjecture the players we have released and sold this summer, plus the loanees going back I wouldn't be surprised to see that we have trimmed another £8 Million - £15 Million off the wage bill. (We won't see those figures for about 18 Months).

To add onto those reductions we have also seen Pulis and his backroom staff leave. I'm sure someone on here mentioned Pulis was our highest paid manager. So I'd imagine his wages plus his backroom staff wages would total another £3 Million - £5 Million (again speculation).

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Don’t think I’ve had hostility when passing on info. Not really bothered anyway.

Braithwaite wasn’t all bad. Didn’t take what he was due for his loyalty payment. 

€5m we got

So he wasn't the villain people were trying to make him out to be - good to hear

20 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

Personally I think we should have a thread devoted to just bickering. Could have someone just start off a totally daft thing and watch a huge argument break out over whether garlic sauce belongs on a kebab or something

My mate and I once argued all the way from Newcastle to Leeds about whether or not a shop-bought cheese sandwich should literally just be bread and cheese, or whether it was acceptable for it to contain mayo, marg, etc. Might provide good kindling for a 'petty arguments' thread. Other ideas: Ford or Vauxhall, should we ban buy-to-let landlords, what do you put on your chips, etc.

Re transfers: Now we've culled half a dozen high earners from the squad (without harming our matchday prospects, I'd have to say), it's time to see what our legendary recruitment team have been up to this summer. Over to you, chaps.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

So he wasn't the villain people were trying to make him out to be - good to hear

Didn’t ever think he was as bad as Pulis made him sound, any other manager and I think he would have done well, can’t blame that sort of player for not wanting to play for Pulis though 

25 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

That would be too upsetting for me 

Just now, jamesp said:

Didn’t ever think he was as bad as Pulis made him sound, any other manager and I think he would have done well, can’t blame that sort of player for not wanting to play for Pulis though 

Me neither - he's probably done us a favour by going out on loan - he'd probably be worthless now if he'd stayed with pulis

16 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Our total staff (Players, Staff and matchday staff) costs for the 17/18 season were approximately £65 Million. I wouldn't be surprised if over the course of the 18/19 season we managed to reduced those costs by £12 Million - £20 Million.

But that is conjecture on my part. We won't know for certain on that until the next set of accounts are released.

Again an extra bit of conjecture the players we have released and sold this summer, plus the loanees going back I wouldn't be surprised to see that we have trimmed another £8 Million - £15 Million off the wage bill. (We won't see those figures for about 18 Months).

To add onto those reductions we have also seen Pulis and his backroom staff leave. I'm sure someone on here mentioned Pulis was our highest paid manager. So I'd imagine his wages plus his backroom staff wages would total another £3 Million - £5 Million (again speculation).

A conservative estimate would be that we've cut around £200k per week in playing staff wages (I think it's probably closer to £300k personally) since the end of the season, over the course of a year this is a little north of £10m.

Like you say, Pulis + staff have to be taken off that as well with Woody's team almost definitely being on a fraction of their Pulis hired counterparts. In theory we should now be in a pretty healthy financial position especially when the fees received are taken into account.

42 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

The ultimate arguement would surely, be whether you put milk in before the boiling water or after when making a cup of tea.

1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

The ultimate arguement would surely, be whether you put milk in before the boiling water or after when making a cup of tea.

Is that up for debate? The liquid has to be boiling to allow the tea to infuse. Milk is added afterwards,

Would you put milk in a teapot?

Next.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1