Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

11 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

What makes you think we wouldn't do that, out of interest? Not trying to be an *** about it, I just think it's quite naive.

We had Prem money and were flaunting it, wanting to smash the league and all that. I don't think there was anything about our summer spending that season that suggested we weren't willing to play ball for the sake of signing our first choice players. And I bet agents had a bloody field day with that.

After all going back and looking back at the Braithwaite signing, we supposedly fought off Premier League clubs like West Ham, Bournemouth and Brighton. That doesn't come with a simple belief that we are the best place to be, it's exactly as Pulis said it was; players came to Middlesbrough for a good pay packet. And hell, we didn't care about that, we were going up as far as we were concerned, one way or another. So hey, let's go in with a nice low £6.5m offer for Fletcher and get the ball rolling on that. Might be worth going back and watching Slaven Bilic's interviews on that as he was absolutely gobsmacked, as I imagine were their chairmen. I wouldn't say that gives any credence to the idea we might still be playing hardball over wages.

And like Will has said, this was our record signing, our big money #9 who was gonna bag us 500 goals and fire us up. This isn't just another Championship player, certainly not to us he wasn't. He was our main target to lead the line, to take on the mantle of being our frightening goalscorer. Can you imagine being Britt's representatives if we came to the table with a measly £5k increase on his previous salary? Nah, no chance for me mate. This was their chance to make it a big deal for their client. And we were not in the mood to say no.

So you're not trying to be a *** about it but you're happy to call me naive?

Whats the point in even debating it, none of us actually know how much he is on anyway I just had the opinion that its not over 30k. Guess that makes me naive..

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Pulis was on £80k a week. That’s the biggest saving we’ve made. As well as his cut of transfer fees which Woodgate doesn’t get. 

Pulis- £80k

Braithwaite £50k

Hugill £30k

Downing £35k

Besic - guess at £25k

Mikel- £30k after bonuses 

Flint -£25k

Total of £275k a week. £14.3m a year. 

Obviously Woodgate’s wage has increased but not even close to Pulis’

wow our deal with Pulis sounds truly atrocious, I've changed my mind we are genuinely terribly ran..excuse me wow GIF by Mashable

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Absolutely, although I imagine someone will come along and disagree just for the hell of it.

Over to you Will and Randy.

Dan's nailed it, never boil the coffee as it sours the taste

• Like 1

That Pulis figure is staggering. The brass neck of the man when you consider quotes such as "Steve's spent a lot of money", "This club wasted a lot of money last summer" etc.

Absolute mercenary fraud. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

The ultimate arguement would surely, be whether you put milk in before the boiling water or after when making a cup of tea.

First of all we could start an argument whether a grown man should even drink tea. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Borodane said:

First of all we could start an argument whether a grown man should even drink tea. 

Unfortunately BD tea makes up roughly 50% of the fluid in a Brit's body. So I fear you may be outnumbered on this!

7 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Young Winger who likes to beat men, sounds good to me if we can get him at a decent price. 

article seems to suggest that AEK had a fixed price 7.5m to pay but we'll be paying less if we can agree terms with him.

1 minute ago, estonpidge said:

article seems to suggest that AEK had a fixed price 7.5m to pay but we'll be paying less if we can agree terms with him.

Think they're saying that would have been the price last year. He's in the last year of his contract now so might go much cheaper

18 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

How confident are you on that pulis wage lurker? Because that's just insanity.

It's true, we wanted him to drop down to 40k a week which is why he left. It's also what I was told we offered Jokanovic.

I think Woody is on around 20k.

16 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

So you're not trying to be a *** about it but you're happy to call me naive?

Whats the point in even debating it, none of us actually know how much he is on anyway I just had the opinion that its not over 30k. Guess that makes me naive..

Is calling someone naive about something being an ***? Everyone (except CT) is naive about something, it's not an insult.