oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Would we sign both Todd and Dijksteel? 

Probably, Kane can cover multiple positions and is on a free. Also there's quite a high chance we will need to use Shotton at CB so if we only had 1 RB we might be struggling. 

Even more so if the club are trying to flog Saville as Howson will be needed in midfield as opposed to filling in at RB. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Foogle said:

But then we're sticking a loan fee and prem wages on a player and seeing no long term benefit from it. I think first resort will be a promising young academy grad to try and fill the role, then go out and look for a young player that we can develop then try and fill that role with a loan player.

Its just that Lurker or someone said last night that the club are looking to bring in at least 5. these being 2 permanent and 3 loans. I was disagreeing with you partly because of that and that money is still tight.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Would we sign both Todd and Dijksteel? 

Maybe Dijksteel is our first choice if we can get him below a certain price so we're throwing a bid in to test their resolve, Todd Kane is the backup on the cheap?

where's CT.....? by now we should have been told we are aiming Lowe ....and it's more jobs for the Boyes.....and why doesn't anyone drink cocoa ....

being serious....if this is a "rebuilding" season, then as long as we have football that is good to watch and we can see progress with youngsters , then anything else is a bonus

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Foogle said:

But then we're sticking a loan fee and prem wages on a player and seeing no long term benefit from it. I think first resort will be a promising young academy grad to try and fill the role, then go out and look for a young player that we can develop then try and fill that role with a loan player.

As for academy grads filling the positions. well i think they have possibly come to the conclusion that there is only Coulson and Pears who are ready at this stage. Even if you add them to the 16 senior players, then we still likely need 5 more in.

6 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Boye and Djiksteel - Buy

Diangana and another attacking player - Loan

Todd Kane - Free

I'd be happy with that like

I’d have been happy with that last summer never mind this one!

I still have a feeling Kane could be a cheap replacement for McNair aswell, similarly versatile and seem similar in playing style.

Id be happy to see Diangana, Boye and Britt as a front 3, midfield is a funny one though. I’d possibly lean towards Wing, Howson and either tav or a new signing as the most forward of the 3. I still think that Tom Cairney/Bradley Dack type player is a huge hole in our team.

I thought Wing could but he looks to be better when he’s deeper with a bit of space to spray the ball around with the occasional burst forward.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I get your logic and theres arguments for both side but I think the club are looking at a long term plan here, and this is just guess work but I think it will look like this -

This season bring in loans and frees on low wages to fill gaps and try to compete as best we can while some of our highest earners deals finish in summer. 

Next season, with a much smaller wage bill look to build a squad around the most successful youngsters from this season, adding players with a bit more longevity and eventual resale value. The starting wage bill will surely be tiny with only Randolph, britt, clayton and fletcher left over from the big spending era. Plenty of room to work with there.

Third season will he the major attempt at promotion - spend some more money after the two years of cost cutting where we are starting mostly afresh with ffp and have a real good go at it. 

2 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Did anyone read the article? It says we're interested in Boye because we're selling Britt..

I'd take that link with the biggest grain of salt ever produced

I think the link is too random to not be genuine, the Assombalonga stuff sounds like pure speculation from people who don’t know the club 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Did anyone read the article? It says we're interested in Boye because we're selling Britt..

I'd take that link with the biggest grain of salt ever produced

I took it as the rational was the £15m bid from Celtic, but Celtic haven't bid have they?