oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

Randolph is the most important player that we have to keep IMO. Britt the second. Surely people remember what happened when we got rid of Schwarzer?

What happened?

• Like 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Naisby said:

So from what you saw, would you say like one of the rumours was swap him for £3m plus Saville, or would you think he abit overpriced at the £8m that QPR see him at? 

I’d without doubt swap him for saville lmao, this guy brings to our midfield what it’s lacked for a long LONG time. I already watched a few videos of him back in May when I had him in my ‘wish list’.

3 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Could be argued getting rid of the big Aussie was a major reason in us getting relegated.

And we never recovered IMO. Randolph is equally as important 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Blanco said:

And we never recovered IMO. Randolph is equally as important 

In my opinion letting Turnbull and Jones fight it out for the Number 1 jersey in the 09/10 was the single biggest reason for us getting relegated. (Amongst other reasons). 

Having real quality between the sticks is something that cannot be underestimated.

Edit: Meant the 08/09 season not 09/10. 

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
Got my seasons mixed up!
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

In my opinion letting Turnbull and Jones fight it out for the Number 1 jersey in the 09/10 was the single biggest reason for us getting relegated. (Amongst other reasons). 

Having real quality between the stick is something that cannot be underestimated.

Agree 100% Dan ?

• Like 1

Browne and Bola know Eze because their boys from he’s hood and are apparently real mutha***** Gs they used to go cruzin in he’s 64

Edited by Downsouth
use of swear word
  • Confused 1

I watched a few vids of eze as well and he looks like an exciting player. Strong and technically good.  If we get him it would be very good business.  Maybe, just maybe, we have some money tucked away for a deadline day purchase and he would fit the bill.  With some outgoings of course.  I don’t think it has to be our big names sold.  I think Gibson wants Woody more than anyone else to succeed.  Having said that perhaps success is stabilizing the team within the new ethos or perhaps he wants a play-off position and will push up to FFP limits for us.  Exciting times.

I'd like us to look at Marcus Maddison if we are wanting a creative midfielder, he can also play wide on either side. Local lad too so don't think location would be a problem and has a buy out clause in his contract of £2million. Only a year left on his contract so potentially could sign him cheaper. Has been accused of having attitude issues in the past but so did Tomlin before we signed him, also from Peterborough funnily enough. Think he's a much cheaper option than Eze and has had a great output for goals and assists over the past 4 seasons, contributing to 123 goals in that time.

• Thanks 1

Eze over Marcus Maddison anyday, I really think we should push the boat out for him, we will sell him for £20m to Leicester/Bournemouth/west ham within 2 seasons.

14 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Eze over Marcus Maddison anyday, I really think we should push the boat out for him, we will sell him for £20m to Leicester/Bournemouth/west ham within 2 seasons.

Push the boat out with what? We have a dry dock and no tractor, we can't recklessly spend what we don't have

How do you know that exactly? How do you know we haven’t got any sales of players lined up? Eze would be a viable investment, £8m value and likely a low (relative) wage he ticks a lot of boxes for a player we can sell for a large short term profit and in my opinion would not be a ‘reckless’ buy.

11 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Leeds sniffing around Fletcher. More to follow when I get it...3mil asking fee 30k a week off wage bill if he goes...scary thing is Rudy is on more ?

So who then were PNE looking at yesterday?