Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

I disagree regarding Fletcher. I think he is worth more than the 3m being quoted. 

I'd rather him have a crack in a team more geared towards attacking football than comparing him only to Pulis' team and mentality. 

Just now, mendieta420 said:

Isn’t it more likely Fletcher just got sent home because he was sick? Maybe he turned up at the Riverside, the doctor checked him and they decided to not risk it around the squad.

Ah, you mean like Tomlin was sick?!

I like Fletcher and think there's a player in there that could be a game changer in a couple of years, but unless Warnock comes in for Rudi then the next asset to leave the building will be Fletcher.

as I say not my personal choice, but we can't even give Rudi away so....

Fletcher needs to be in a regular starting 11 to progress, if we can't offer him that then we may as do a deal with someone who can start more often 

1 minute ago, TeesvilleMonsoon said:

i heard gestede was offered mutual termination over the weekend

Not sure how this would help us, we'd essentially be paying a transfer fee to lose a player...

11 minutes ago, Will said:

Not sure how this would help us, we'd essentially be paying a transfer fee to lose a player...

depends on what was offered

50% of his remaining contract, makes him a free agent before the end of the window and makes him more appealing to other clubs

With the wages he's on, plus his injury record, getting a fee feels impossible

If we've already devalued him on the accounts, then mutual termination won't affect FFP much, but will increase available wages

13 minutes ago, Will said:

How do mutual termination payments work exactly? 

We owe him roughly 1.5m in wages over the next 11 months so if its cheaper than that it might be worth paying him upfront to get rid?

I dont know though so someone can correct me please if they know more ?

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

How do mutual termination payments work exactly? 

We owe him roughly 1.5m in wages over the next 11 months so if its cheaper than that it might be worth paying him upfront to get rid?

I dont know though so someone can correct me please if they know more ?

I suppose it depends on what we offer him. As far as I know it's usually pretty much the full value of the contract as a lump sum.

2 minutes ago, Will said:

I suppose it depends on what we offer him. As far as I know it's usually pretty much the full value of the contract as a lump sum.

What would the benefit? Pay him ~£1.5m now upfront or pay him the ~£1.5m divided by remaining contract months... I'm not sure I get what the point is. 

Just now, FamilyBoro said:

What would the benefit? Pay him ~£1.5m now upfront or pay him the ~£1.5m divided by remaining contract months... I'm not sure I get what the point is. 

That's what I'm saying, either way we pay out the same or roughly the same amount and one way we lose a player.