oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Potteries friends just txted to say they hearing that they would like Shotton but don’t want to pay a fee for him, belief is boro would want something for him tho so going to look around. 

Imo if Shotton went back to stoke he would want a long term deal and probably end his career there or at a smaller local club. I cannot see woody blocking it if they do come for him, but would the club block it before we got a replacement and or didn’t get a fee?

• Like 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Naisby said:

Potteries friends just txted to say they hearing that they would like Shotton but don’t want to pay a fee for him, belief is boro would want something for him tho so going to look around. 

Imo if Shotton went back to stoke he would want a long term deal and probably end his career there or at a smaller local club. I cannot see woody blocking it if they do come for him, but would the club block it before we got a replacement and or didn’t get a fee?

We would be stupid to let him go perfectly good cover for CB and RB

45 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

What happened to Dijksteel? Did the next bid get rejected too?

Last update was it looks like Charlton are playing hardball so depends how badly we want him... sounds like he would be more expensive than Bola or Browne for sure

Nothing against the lad, but I think it would be a bad move at this time for everyone, Ben needs to crack on with his career and that would be better served at a club other than boro.

im not saying he couldn’t do a job for us, but I think returning to boro now would be bad for him and bad for us unless it was on loan and we paid very little for him.

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Shotton out and Gibbo in on loan would be good for us in terms of quality, though unsure of how good it would be financially.

Well if we get even 1mil for shotton and 30k off the wage bill, I really cant see us having to pay much more than that for a season long loan? Plus the additional funds from flint and it's a no brainer for me

Gibbo will be on higher wages than Shotton presumably, and Shotton can cover right back too, Gibson tends to play on the left side mostly and right back and cover more important until we see if we get incomings in that area.