Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Tom said:

I would like each of our new members to tell us

- who is their favourite Middlesbrough player of the last 20 years (but only players who made under 30 appearances are valid answers)

- where they were when Adam Forshaw scored in the last minute against Reading

- who was Gordon Strachan's best signing.

That'll sort the men from the bots.

I am still newish, so shall get involved.

1. Mickael Debeve - the French hero who may not have had the movie star looks but popped up in our time of need and put a decent performance in the semi final against arsenal. 

2. In the North stand losing my *** after the strangest/most terrible game of football I'd ever seen ended beautifully.

3. Sir Barry of Robson, what a man.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, CWC said:

What will really sort the long time lurkers and the bots is there favourite signing that never actually signed. Vitor has got to be up there for me and I’m convinced he’s still locked away somewhere inside Rockliffe. For me though the only winner is the ‘Afro-Caribbean’ lad  that had a medical and then disappeared. 

Another vote for afro Carribbean lad. Was genuinely hoping we'd pull that signing of regardless of who it was or wasn't ?

53 minutes ago, Tom said:

- who is their favourite Middlesbrough player of the last 20 years (but only players who made under 30 appearances are valid answers)

1. Shay Given. Yes only a loan player but bloody loved him between the sticks. 

2. In the west stand as my brother put it afterwards "acting like a wild ape who just discovered bananas"

3. Didn't really follow the club during the Strachan era so would be wrong of me to comment. Only really got in to football towards the end of mowbrays time. 

2 hours ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Yeah it's based on nothing, I just think we are finally heading in the direction we have all craved for years!!!!  UTB

Agreed, I'm actually excited and I'm looking forward to the first game.  I might even smile as I walk into the stadium. ?

33 minutes ago, CWC said:

What will really sort the long time lurkers and the bots is there favourite signing that never actually signed. Vitor has got to be up there for me and I’m convinced he’s still locked away somewhere inside Rockliffe. For me though the only winner is the ‘Afro-Caribbean’ lad  that had a medical and then disappeared. 

Matic for me, although that only came out a few years back; dunno if it was ever rumoured at the time

20 minutes ago, Naisby said:

A very odd rumour been passed along from Stoke way, They have apparently inquired about taking Adama Traore on loan, wolves not sure yet, but would like it to be one that allowed it to be ended at new year.

if this is true hopefully we are looking into this as well, as I think Traore could slot back in here short term and do everyone a favour, he gets fitness and match time, wolves get to see how he is playing etc. 

Stoke do have location on us so he could get home each night and not have to move, but we have the fact he knows the club n area so it wouldn’t be a major hassle for him.

but isn’t there limits on number of loans? Or is it no of loans from a single club and how many you can put in match squad now.

I’d be gutted if he went there ?

But at the same time a 6 month loan wouldn’t do us much good, but *** it surely we have to be in for him!

This is going to be unpopular, but I don't want adama back. It's now the time to build a young team who can learn how to work with each other and may play together for the next few years. If adama came in, we would again become overly reliant on him and we wouldn't be able to play our possession  football

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tom said:

Shay Given 

west stand

andy halliday

12 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

This is going to be unpopular, but I don't want adama back. It's now the time to build a young team who can learn how to work with each other and may play together for the next few years. If adama came in, we would again become overly reliant on him and we wouldn't be able to play our possession  football

I'm in a similar boat, Im more excited about the new and potential signings, I don't think he actually fits Woodgates philosophy or has the footballing brain required - sure he got us on our feet and excited us - but look at the team he was in, there was no one else worth cheering. 

On the flip side imagine adama in a team with a few other decent forwards instead of the game plan being ‘give the ball to adama’. I also think he was much more of a team player than given credit for, I think anyone who would turn down the chance to get him back is mental he’s one of them players that can be the difference between challenging and not challenging.

I know adama is quick and gets bums off seats but it's like watching Forrest Gump with a football. I don't think his team mates knew what he was going to do, which is quite limitting really. 

2 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I know adama is quick and gets bums off seats but it's like watching Forrest Gump with a football. I don't think his team mates knew what he was going to do, which is quite limitting really. 

It's hard to know what he will do when  I doubt even he knows what he is going to do

Absolute rubbish, it’s bizarre considering what he brought to the team in those few months that some people have such a low opinion of him. He was so much more than ‘fast’.

• Like 7