oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

6 minutes ago, FinallyRegistered said:

Not especially helpful I know, but I saw Colchester United play against my local team (Yeovil Town) towards the end of last season. Vincent-young wasn't playing, but they pushed their full backs high and all their defenders looked comfortable on the ball. Could be useful to have a player used to playing with the ball at his feet who has been playing an expansive style. Again, this was only one game and the player wasn't even playing, but just thought someone might find it interesting.

Thanks for the insight I certainly find that interesting. It shows they have good coaching methods.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

remember seeing a hammer fan saying he thought browne was better than diangana. if we get both we'll find out first hand. probably have a few hammers watching our tv games all season seeing how their young lads are doing. 

If it’s a loan we’re going for I know who I’d prefer on that right side (;

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I’m not to fussed on Lowe either, seems another one with a ton of hype but not much interest, even Wigan didn’t rate him enough to put the money up.

I agree. He is 25 and after say a 3 year contract will he be worth a lot of money. Not sure.

Sounds like the evening with coaching staff was well worth the admission fee. It seems the pull of working with former players is working for us. 

Hopefully get Dijksteel over the line asap as like mentioned come the deadline a few others will be throwing silly money to get positions filled.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Imagine signing Dijksteel means at least one midfielder has to leave with Howson moving back there 

Yes, I imagine one of McNair and Saville will not be a Boro player by the 9th

6 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I’m not to fussed on Lowe either, seems another one with a ton of hype but not much interest, even Wigan didn’t rate him enough to put the money up.

I got say I disagree with that opinion, any striker who knows how to put the ball in the net is worth a punt. Have to remember not many players from league 1 or league 2 command more than 2 or 3 million at best, when it happens it's rare. I'm biased though because I do want us to sign Lowe, he's quick, direct and scores goals.

12 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

We’ve recruited exceptionally well this transfer season so far especially if Dijksteel goes through. What changed from the last few seasons?

Bevington being more prominent maybe?

9 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

We’ve recruited exceptionally well this transfer season so far especially if Dijksteel goes through. What changed from the last few seasons?

To be fair we shouldn't say we've recruited exceptionally well until they've had half a season. The early signs are promising that we're looking at the right sort of players at least. 

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yes, I imagine one of McNair and Saville will not be a Boro player by the 9th

I suspect at the moment it probably means Spence going out on loan instead of losing one of those.

@Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die. Can I just say a bug thank you for the info you provided from the meet the coaching team event you attended.

It seems some interesting stuff was said so appreciate you taking both the time and effort to post what was said on here for rest of us who did not attend.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

One thing Woody alluded to tonight is there would be more injuries to the players with how he wants us to play. If what @nunthorperedis saying about us looking at this Colchester right back then it's 2 players for every position just like the Karnaka days. 

Is he a RB?

it says on transfermarkt that he plays mostly at LB for Colchester.