oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

13 minutes ago, Naisby said:

I remember when we had a good team with lots of Gary’s. Now cannot remember the last Gary to play for us.

Must be Mr Sideways himself, Gary O'Neil.

I expect some serious work to go into pushing Rudy out, if this is all true. I wonder if getting him out on loan is enough, providing his whole wage is covered?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

So allowed to release what I needed confirming last night. All the donkey work for Boye is done but dependant on shifting a large striker both in size and wages.

Very big if now, he was close to joining Millwall last year but that fell through if I recall correctly. Would a loan move be enough for us to bring in Boye or does it have to be a perm (for Rudy)?

Also I'm not hugely excited by Boye, but am happy to be proved wrong and when seeing his highlights I do think he is more of a striker than a winger. So I'm glad it seems Woodgate sees him as that too.

8 hours ago, TLF10 said:

@Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die. Can I just say a bug thank you for the info you provided from the meet the coaching team event you attended.

It seems some interesting stuff was said so appreciate you taking both the time and effort to post what was said on here for rest of us who did not attend.

No worries at all, it certainly created some great debate and provided some new info for you all to read ?

• Like 4
31 minutes ago, Tom said:

I expect some serious work to go into pushing Rudy out, if this is all true. I wonder if getting him out on loan is enough, providing his whole wage is covered?

Didn't see you'd posted this and asked the same question (Great minds and all that).

His contract expires at the end if this year, so if we could get him out on loan for the season, surely it would be just as good. Unless we need an actual transfer fee.

I think Boye could be quite handy in certain situations. Based on what I've seen on the YouTube video he seems quite strong on the ball, quite technical and holds the ball up well. Good player to bring off the bench when we're 1 nil up in the 70th minute and we've got tired legs out there due to a high press. I think he'll also bring other players into play from counter attacks. 

I'd like to give Fletcher a chance, but it looks like Boye could do a better job for us and I'd probably take Boye over Fletcher 

On behalf of everyone on the forum can I say thanks to those members who have provided some fascinating information over the last day or so, it really has allowed the forum to be excited, keen and interested in what is going on around the Boro and clearly indicates that we could be on the right track and that "it's not over yet"

I must admit that departures are now of massive interest, just who and where and the possible impact of them leaving.

Ok not everything will fall into place and as much as others want him to leave I think that Gestede will throw a spanner in the works. Nothing has been right with him since he arrived here and think this will continue.

However exciting times and once again thanks guys for posting your information

• Like 12

I really wish everyone was there to hear Woodgate and the coaching team speak. It's the confidence, the commitment and passion from all the coaches. Somebody said  your giving me hairs on the back of my neck never mind giving team talks and getting the team motivated.  The whole team is determined to give us what we want. 

The worst part of the evening was when this clown ? asked Danny what is the point of a goal keeping coach ?and had a go! He got absolutely ripped my the coaching team and audience. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
1 minute ago, Tuns said:

I think Boye could be quite handy in certain situations. Based on what I've seen on the YouTube video he seems quite strong on the ball, quite technical and holds the ball up well. Good player to bring off the bench when we're 1 nil up in the 70th minute and we've got tired legs out there due to a high press. I think he'll also bring other players into play from counter attacks. 

I'd like to give Fletcher a chance, but it looks like Boye could do a better job for us and I'd probably take Boye over Fletcher 

I think Boye has got the makings of what we did to Stuani. 

Signed him knowing fine well he’s a striker but played him out wide (like AEK did with him last year) but then moves on to a new club plays up from and (hopefully) scores goals.

There must be some reason why Torino paid a lot of money for him especially when they have the likes of Belotti and Zaza but then again that could explain why they’re selling due to him not getting a sniff.

Either way if we’re paying 1 million for him that’s quoted I don’t think that’d be a bad deal. Anyone fancy chipping in for petrol and I’ll drive Rudy to a far away championship club’s car park in true Peter Odemwingie style.

6 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

On behalf of everyone on the forum can I say thanks to those members who have provided some fascinating information over the last day or so, it really has allowed the forum to be excited, keen and interested in what is going on around the Boro and clearly indicates that we could be on the right track and that "it's not over yet"

I must admit that departures are now of massive interest, just who and where and the possible impact of them leaving.

Ok not everything will fall into place and as much as others want him to leave I think that Gestede will throw a spanner in the works. Nothing has been right with him since he arrived here and think this will continue.

However exciting times and once again thanks guys for posting your information

I fully agree with you mate. Cheers everyone for giving me something to read at work ? 

• Like 2

As the guys said above, thanks for the info from the the meet last night and also the stream of transfer news I've been reading on here ?

Quick question, is there any truth to the rumour on Twitter that Dijksteel is signing for us in the next couple of days? Thought it was dead in the water but this was posted last night.

12 minutes ago, Ash said:

As the guys said above, thanks for the info from the the meet last night and also the stream of transfer news I've been reading on here ?

Quick question, is there any truth to the rumour on Twitter that Dijksteel is signing for us in the next couple of days? Thought it was dead in the water but this was posted last night.

The guy on twitter took his info from here.

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Ash said:

@Raf smog said he's at Rockcliffe and it will be done.

10 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I think a large part of it is down to the Woody/Keane management combo.

Regardless of how people may feel about them as people, they're massively respected within the game.

100% agree with this