oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

2 minutes ago, BelgianBoro said:

I wasn't able to see the box-to-box player in Saville that Pulis could. 

Wouldn't mind if we get shot of him, Tav is now seen as a box-to-box player and I'm sure Clayton and Paddy is enough competition for a central berth. 

I agree with the Shotton comments, we probably won't see him leave if we don't get any coverage for CB. 

Wing, Tav, Clayton, Howson, McNair, Malley.. 6 to fill 2 or 3 spots.. Get Saville out the door.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

If we were in for another CB... 

Jack Stephens. At that 2m quoted, him and Fry would be perfect for our style of play. 2m might be a bit steep though but I think we could probably triple that in a couple seasons. 

42 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Walker plays from wide, he's not really a striker.

Thought he played upto for MK? Could be wrong.

Edit: After some digging it does seem Walker played wide for the Dons. Does seem that played a fair bit up top for our youth teams.

Edited by DanFromDownSouth

What do we all see as an absolute minimum?  Woody's comment about seeing more injuries due to style of play is probably an honest assessment but with a squad that looks a little thin I think we need 4 in plus more if there are exits.

RB, RW, CB, 10

1 minute ago, Youngy228 said:

What do we all see as an absolute minimum?  Woody's comment about seeing more injuries due to style of play is probably an honest assessment but with a squad that looks a little thin I think we need 4 in plus more if there are exits.

RB, RW, CB, 10

Rb. rw. Could do with a cb if one leaves. Could do with a striker if one or two leave 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

RB, RW, CB, 10

Absolute minimum I’d say RB and RW, the only positions where I’d say the starting 11 is weak. I hope we can get a RB, CB, 10 and a RW. Anything after that is a bonus.  

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Wing, Tav, Clayton, Howson, McNair, Malley.. 6 to fill 2 or 3 spots.. Get Saville out the door.

Was thinking of Wing in a more advanced role and Howson at RB but fully agree - their versatility is also a huge boon. 

32 minutes ago, Prowler said:

If we were in for another CB... 

Jack Stephens. At that 2m quoted, him and Fry would be perfect for our style of play. 2m might be a bit steep though but I think we could probably triple that in a couple seasons. 

I would like to see Stephens back at the club. Good with his feet, a presence in the box and relatively quick.

Not sure if he'd be available mind you but worth a shout. For me, Gibson should be the CB we're looking for but don't feel it'd be a good move for him personally to come back.

Someone's bored...

Lucas Boyé (born 28 February 1996) is an Argentine professional footballer who plays as a winger for English championship club Middlesbrough.[1] He signed for the club on the 30th July for the fee of 1 million plus a lifetime supply of parmos in buns to the Torino chairman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Boyé

Just now, Tomlinho said:

I would like to see Stephens back at the club. Good with his feet, a presence in the box and relatively quick.

Not sure if he'd be available mind you but worth a shout. For me, Gibson should be the CB we're looking for but don't feel it'd be a good move for him personally to come back.

I know for a fact that he hated it here last time. He didn't think highly of Karanka at all.

I'd love to see him here to be fair.

I'm far too impatient, especially after 2 signings at the weekend. 

Who do people realistically think will leave? 

I'm guessing 

Rudy, Saville and maybe Shotts or fletcher. 

I'd like us to keep fletcher out of all them, he for me seems to fit the bill of young, hungry and a bit of pace but is he consistent enough and he won't dislodge britt. 

Come. On boro we want signings ??

Can’t see us even considering offers for shotton until after the Luton game. If we brought in a new CB today it would be a massive risk to play him on Friday.

1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

2 permanent 

3 loans

That's what I have been told today.

Lowe/Boye, Dijksteel, Diangana, Marcus Edwards/Carter vickers. Then some Liverpool player on loan i’d Imagine something like that