oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

2 minutes ago, CWC said:

D.Z. said he’d been told Bristol have hijacked it to be fair. 

He did say might have hijacked it. The only thing we know for certain is what Bowyer has said that "Middlesbrough are in for him" and so are Bristol. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

No need for panic. I have no inside knowledge but I have opinions!

7Hutton would be an excellent addition to the squad.  He's on a free.  He has masses of experience.  He could be a fantastic mentor for some of our youngsters.  

I still have a feeling that we will be bringing in 2 premier league loans (likely coming from West Ham/Liverpool/Spurs)

Ryan Kent one is very interesting.  I don't think we are favourites to get him but he is definitely leaving Liverpool.  He's removed all photos etc from social media linked to Liverpool.  Asking price started at 10 is now at 7.  I don't think we are favourites but you just never know.  Leeds and Geordies potentially might spend 5-7 million on him.  If not, then I think we'd be in for loan alongside Rangers and possibly Leeds/Newcastle/derby

All just hunches - no info

1 minute ago, Foogle said:

He did say might have hijacked it. The only thing we know for certain is what Bowyer has said that "Middlesbrough are in for him" and so are Bristol. 

I think the thought process is that Boro were in for him with second bid and then Bristol came in.  Could be they have offered more money and Charlton pulled plug on Boro move.

• Sad 1
Just now, Youngy228 said:

I think the thought process is that Boro were in for him with second bid and then Bristol came in.  Could be they have offered more money and Charlton pulled plug on Boro move.

He's been at Rockcliffe and agreed terms, I know that much.

• Like 1
Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

He's been at Rockcliffe and agreed terms, I know that much.

In which case 

1) He signs for Boro

2) Bristol offered more money and Charlton pulled the deal from us

3) Bristol offered him a better package in his eyes

5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

No, I said I fear they MAY have hijacked it. Still hopeful he chooses us.

Fair play, I’ve misread that then. 

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Is it genuine interest from Bristol City then? Or just more fear-mongering to get us to stump up the cash?

Villa got up on the back of hijacking our bids/targets. Why shouldn’t city see that as the route to Premier league riches... ?

• Haha 1

Gutted if we miss out on him, he looks like the sort of player that could be worth 15+ million in a few years. We are still paying for our poor previous transfers though so we probably can’t compete with these other sides

Due to the way football in England is becoming southern centric at the moment, I’m not sure under the current FFP rules a club from the Northern regions can do to attract players other than by having a proven package that can be offered that overcomes some of the obstacles of purely location.

The North West bubble around Manchester and Liverpool only works because they can still offer a full package to potential targets. But even Liverpool before Klopp started to see that if they matched everything offered by a southern based club, then it was going to be down to playing for Liverpool over Living in the south which as a family package to players is really good, and as the number of Southern based premier clubs increases then the premium that has to be in the package to get players to come north becomes sometimes unobtainable.