Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Bennyboy137 said:

Serious question... if every man and his dog is at it, why doesn't Gibbo just buy the Riverside off us?

Knowing our luck the FA will slap us with a 15 point deduction for breaking the rules!

We don't own the Riverside, that's why.

Or do we now? I thought the council owned it?

9 minutes ago, Bennyboy137 said:

Serious question... if every man and his dog is at it, why doesn't Gibbo just buy the Riverside off us?

Knowing our luck the FA will slap us with a 15 point deduction for breaking the rules!

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I don't think we own it. Think we rent it off the council.

We own the stadium.

Gibson doesn't just buy the Riverside off us because it would mean having to spend £60/70/80m or whatever valuation we come up with and he either doesn't want to (understandably) or doesn't have the funds available to do so.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We own the stadium.

Gibson doesn't just buy the Riverside off us because it would mean having to spend £60/70/80m or whatever valuation we come up with and he either doesn't want to (understandably) or doesn't have the funds available to do so.

Fairly sure we don't own the stadium and have a very long lease from the council.

11 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I don't think we own it. Think we rent it off the council.

I thought CT said we do own it and Rockliffe? Or at least Gibson O'Neill do? Something like that, might be mis-remembering.

EDIT: And along comes the man to say it himself again, HAH.

Just now, mendieta420 said:

Fairly sure we don't own the stadium and have a very long lease from the council.

We certainly didn't own it when it was first built, no idea how long the lease was or how many times it's been renewed since then though.

16 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We own the stadium.

It's also an incredibly short sighted decision, as we only get 3 years worth of benefit out of it. Then after the 3 years we are then in a position of needing to buy the stadium back to own it.

• Like 1

Wigan throwing some money about this season.

If Ivan Toney is available you’d like to think we have some interest given Peterborough chairman confirming SG likes him - fits the mould too. 

Concern is regarding price but at 23 years old he’d be worth a punt imo.

547C9625-2832-4335-931B-2FEA402E2B1A.png

10 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

We certainly didn't own it when it was first built, no idea how long the lease was or how many times it's been renewed since then though.

Yes we did.  We paid for it to be built and we own it.  The TDC offered us the land at Middlehaven to build it on and it was to be the centre piece of redeveloping that whole area but obviously that took a lot longer.