oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

13 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Fletcher doesn't track back because he's pressing up the field, once you beat the press ofc your defence is exposed. You either want them pressing up the pitch or sitting compact as a unit, you can't have it both ways.

Exactly, the team has to work as a unit. If the wide forward is pressing, the next man along should occupy the space to cover the full back. 

Will take us at least 10 games to iron out the issues 

• Like 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

I still wouldn’t put much faith in Johnson, we played Luton where he was up against players more his level, let’s not forget he was at sheff Utd most of last season and barely got a look in so he can’t really get the ‘ah but pulis’ excuse either.

54 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Exactly, the team has to work as a unit. If the wide forward is pressing, the next man along should occupy the space to cover the full back. 

With the comments about Fletcher not assisting Coulson I think that put additional pressure on Shotton, causing him to be 'caught between two stools' on occasions, in addition to not being a naturally left-sided player? 

Edited by Birdie
Spelling
2 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I still wouldn’t put much faith in Johnson, we played Luton where he was up against players more his level, let’s not forget he was at sheff Utd most of last season and barely got a look in so he can’t really get the ‘ah but pulis’ excuse either.

Well they didn't play wingers so he has that excuse too ? no one's saying we can hang our hat on him this season but he will be useful. 

5 minutes ago, Birdie said:

With the comments about Fletcher no assisting Coulsdon I think that put additional pressure on Shotton, causing him to be 'caught between two stools' on occasions, in addition to not being a naturally left-sided player? 

Agreed, especially the left sided point. 

2 hours ago, Foogle said:

I mean he was on course for that with us if he was a starter and he got no real service... 

His best return at this level is 12 in a good season, I think that's about right for Hugill. He didn't get much luck or service for us and will do alright at QPR, just not the right fit for us

• Like 1

Agreed with most on here, Shotton was awful too weak for a big lad and passing is useless. Offload him to Birmingham, West Brom ect. I would rather play young Wood. The sooner we sign Dijksteel and another winger the better. Browne looked good when he came on and wing was class. UTB

3 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Think we will concede a lot of goals this season from set pieces. Hopefully Dijksteel signs as he is 6”2. We only had Ayala, Shotton (?), and McNair with any decent height.

Judging by today we will concede loads from set pieces if we sign Dijksteel ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mr_Maz said:

I agree as otherwise as Luton did play a long ball down the flank to Mcmanaman and all of a sudden we're exposed as the rest of the team's pressed up the pitch. 

I am hoping for 4 incomings this window as a minimum.

RB

CB

2 pacy forwards.

I dont think that is being greedy. I see mfc website have bulked out the first team squad with a few youngsters but we have a really thin squad. I am not sure if Liddle or Malley are in Woodgates thinking this season or if they can play CDM but if Clayton gets crocked or banned I think we definitely need cover there.

I hope its a really busy week for us.