oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

as it stands the central defender is maybe the most pressing  position we need filling.  Shotton is a liability in there, Ayala will pick up injuries and bans and Fry is going to attract  attention which eventually may well be too good to turn down.  also the new guy needs to be  a regular starter or on a par with fry and ayala  at the very least  .  we do need a rb and rw too   and a striker  if  can manage it.  

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, SouthWest Boro said:

Maybe i'm living in fantasy land, but Ben Gibson on loan would be nice, as would Reece James, although I fear they are both off to other Premier League clubs - Gibson permanently and James on loan.

No chance in my humble opinion.

Talking about Clayton .. 

Do we need a player of his type as back up?  Or can Howson or McNair fill in? They are not similar to Clayton's style, so we might need that type for this new system... If he God forbid got injured

4 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Talking about Clayton .. 

Do we need a player of his type as back up?  Or can Howson or McNair fill in? They are not similar to Clayton's style, so we might need that type for this new system... If he God forbid got injured

Possibly the most important position in the system we have. I think we definitely need someone else.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Possibly the most important position in the system we have. I think we definitely need someone else.

I think so too! 

Saville never did it for me as the anchored CM

3 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Wasn't Malley thought of by the club to be making that role his own by the end of the season? 

I thought the U23 coach said he was more a number 10 when we beat Bishop Aukland.

I think we will get a cheap right back, possibly Hutton, and loans for a winger and centre back. Getting too late for significant long term signings now.

I feel for those we've missed out on. We are a great club and have what looks to be a good coaching team

The lad who's gone to Reading has been sold a dud. 

2 minutes ago, edinboro said:

I think we will get a cheap right back, possibly Hutton, and loans for a winger and centre back. Getting too late for significant long term signings now.

I feel for those we've missed out on. We are a great club and have what looks to be a good coaching team

The lad who's gone to Reading has been sold a dud. 

We couldn't get him in because we can't shift Rudy, that's not him choosing Reading over us.

dont think we need another cb personally, well at least not as a priority. we have ayala and fry likely first choice which is about as good as you get in the champo. shotton and friend as backups. friend bola and coulson at left back, might see george play in the middle more. which i'm totally fine with as its good to have a left footer on left cb.

the attacking right back is priority with a cm and a shotton covering until we get a genuine one. cant just hoy spence in. especially while we have new blood on the other side.

deffo need a attacking mid, if wing is injured where are the goals coming from? i dont rate saville at all, tbh i dont even know what he supposed to bring to the team. he doesnt move the ball quickly at all just ambles round. hes average af. never mind monk tranfers being questioned flint and saville ones smell of back handers to me. 

another winger needed, johnson and browne with fletch capable. not enough at all. once we have the new winger fletch will probably be cover for britt mainly.

bomb gestede out asap and saville please. not a real priority but i'd like to sell shotton, pulling my hair out watching him bomb long balls or completely waste possession giving a simple pass straight to the other team. ***.

32 minutes ago, Brunners said:

We couldn't get him in because we can't shift Rudy, that's not him choosing Reading over us.

But he could have been told to wait. Come Wednesday Gibson may have signed it off. Agent just wanted his money I guess.