oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

41 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

We're definitely interested but can't imagine us signing him without either Gestede or Fletcher leaving 

Pretty sure we’ve been trying to offload Gestede for a while now but no one wants to pay the fee for him - unsurprisingly, of course..

• Wow 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

The 1 constant in links with Boro this window is the strikers we've been linked with are all costing 3-4 million I don't remember any links with loan moves for striker targets the opposites true of the wide target Kent/Diangana even Boye as it turned out are all loan targets and judging by the Carter-Vickers link if a CB comes in it's probably going to be a loan.

The best price I could find for Toney in the press was 2.5-3 million pounds, Frey's price has dropped to 3-4 million euros it seems that we've allocated alot of the budget to letting Woodgate sign his own striker is my interpretation of what's going on.

I'm fine with loans bulking us up at CB/Wing positions so long as they're Diangana/Vickers types and we don't get too far down a loan list to Sims/Brown types. Dijksteel and Diangana are the 2 keys for me they're the straight in the first XI signings a CB would be nice Woodgate getting 'his' striker in is something Monk and Pulis were allowed to do as long as they're not stupid money and on 30k a week Im all for it.

I suppose we cant tell what is going to happen from a contracts point of view but Ayala, Friend, Shotton and Howson are all out of contract after this season. If they all leave our only CB with experience is Fry and he is possibly seen as a saleable asset at some point. I trust Woodgate to know what he needs as a CB and whether Stubbs / Woods will be ready. Ideally I would like a permanent signing at CB and at least 1 RB permanent. As has been said earlier on the thread if we cant shift Gestede / Fletcher I cant see us signing another CF on a permanent,  A couple of pacy front men on loans may be the way we go. Ideally if you are trying to build something you want to put the foundations in permanently but our financials probably mean we have to do it piecemeal. We definitely need a few bodies in though and a few of the kids to develop on loan to reduce the need for new signings again next year.

7 minutes ago, alexutb said:

Pretty sure we’ve been trying to offload Gestede for a while now but no one wants to pay the fee for him - unsurprisingly, of course..

Nobody even wants him for free mate, let alone paying a fee.

2 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

In terms of contracts... I don't see us renewing any outfield player over 32 for anymore than 1yr.

Surely get Ayala tied down for another 2/3 years, can’t let him go for nothing. And Howson still runs like a player in their prime so I’d imagine we’d be fine giving him another 2 years 

Just now, DevKWat said:

Surely get Ayala tied down for another 2/3 years, can’t let him go for nothing. And Howson still runs like a player in their prime so I’d imagine we’d be fine giving him another 2 years 

Ayala is only 28 though so doesn't fall under the same umbrella of players.

1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Said yesterday there was interest... don't think we will pay the 3-4mil however.

If it was £1million up front and £2-3million performance/promotion related reckon we would pay that? 

Just now, Smoggydownsouth said:

Just a small update that brings more questions then answers.. as of 13:30 today the club are 95% positive we will have a minimum of 4 ins before 5pm thursday. I wont lie I don't have any names yet but 2 perm 2 loan.

Well it will be a busy few days then

1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Just a small update that brings more questions then answers.. as of 13:30 today the club are 95% positive we will have a minimum of 4 ins before 5pm thursday. I wont lie I don't have any names yet but 2 perm 2 loan.

Be interesting to see if that's the case. The Northern Echo seemed to suggest there was some immediate incomings, so seems to be some substance to their article. 

Just now, BearSmog said:

If it was £1million up front and £2-3million performance/promotion related reckon we would pay that? 

It's a bit like Boye. If we shift one on a perm then possible. As I don't see us shifting g a forward I thi k it will not happen.