oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Hmm, sounds like a lot of teams are playing a game of who blinks first, and with the money tight we could well be in for three long days. Foreign teams will also know that we are feeling the pressure of a closing window. What a stupid rule by the english FA to have a much shorter window than anyone else.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Hmm, sounds like a lot of teams are playing a game of who blinks first, and with the money tight we could well be in for three long days. Foreign teams will also know that we are feeling the pressure of a closing window. What a stupid rule by the english FA to have a much shorter window than anyone else.

I think most European leagues will follow suit eventually. It makes a lot more sense to have a window that finishes close to where their seasons start.

1 minute ago, TAPOUT said:

I thought our window opened 4 to 6 weeks earlier though. There's been plenty of time but clubs seem as though they like to draw it out. 

That doesn't mean a thing. It makes no difference that the english windows open earlier. It's towards the end where teams look for deals and lower asking prices on players that they want to move on or who wants away.

5 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I think most European leagues will follow suit eventually. It makes a lot more sense to have a window that finishes close to where their seasons start.

The bigger european leagues start later than the English though. Until then the English shouldn't close earlier. It's only a detriment to english clubs that foreign teams can unsettle players and the clubs can't do anything about it. Braithwaite situation last year is a perfect example. Other examples are Lukaku to Inter, Pogba to Real and Eriksen looking for a move. The foreign clubs can almost take the english clubs as hostages after thursday if the players want it enough. Braithwaite showed exactly how it can pan out. There needs to be a compromise. Could be mid august for all clubs that play august-may seasons.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Borodane said:

That doesn't mean a thing. It makes no difference that the english windows open earlier. It's towards the end where teams look for deals and lower asking prices on players that they want to move on or who wants away.

Well it means that English clubs knew the deadline and they should plan accordingly. Waiting last minute for low prices did get us a bargain in Saville though. 

Just now, TAPOUT said:

Well it means that English clubs knew the deadline and they should plan accordingly. Waiting last minute for low prices did get us a bargain in Saville though. 

It still means that every other club in the world knows that our window closes on Thursday while they can still do business after that. The pressure is solely on the english clubs. Not so much Boro at the moment though, as we don't deal much with players abroad ?

2 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

One of the Charlton fans asked for Gestede as part of the deal in the replies haha

If we add gestede into the deal we'll need to pay them an extra 2m

• Haha 1