Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

If true that Gibson didn't want to leave, can anyone actually explain the thought process behind selling him and using the money raised to buy Flint and Saville? Looking for an actual explanation, is there some sort of FFP rule whereby we had to raise a certain amount of cash but the actual profit margin didn't matter?

I actually can't comprehend why we would do that?

Just now, RiversideRed said:

Saville is shocking, to think we've paid roughly £7/8m for him is madness. Look at players people get for peanuts that are way better than him. Norwood £2m to Sheffield was a prime example. Pulis bought utter garbage, only one with any potential is McNair.

I don’t think that Saville or any other player for that matter is in any way responsible for the amount of money paid for him. I don’t think he is worth 8m but he’s not the worst player I’ve ever seen either 

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, MikeyBoro said:

If true that Gibson didn't want to leave, can anyone actually explain the thought process behind selling him and using the money raised to buy Flint and Saville? Looking for an actual explanation, is there some sort of FFP rule whereby we had to raise a certain amount of cash but the actual profit margin didn't matter?

I actually can't comprehend why we would do that?

I can think of roughly 1.4 million reasons if the rumours of Pulis taking an 8% cut of transfers is true

29 minutes ago, Brunners said:

They are very uncomplimentary towards Middlesbrough. I wonder how many have ever been to the area.

I lived in Charlton for a few years. I wouldn’t say it’s a downgrade to move up here at all!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, OldManGravz said:

It's because whenever Boro is mentioned on the news, they show a picture of the ICI. 

And that's about as much interaction with the town that 95% of away fans have

Tbf when I travel to away games I try to have as little interaction with the locals too.  Lol

2 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Gibson did want to leave. It’s a complicated situation. Not all the Gibson’s get on.  Made the situation tricky.

Yeah there's a lot of aggro between Steve, Mel and Debbie ?

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Gibson did want to leave. It’s a complicated situation. Not all the Gibson’s get on.  Made the situation tricky.

I can 100% guarantee that it was SG that was responsible for us selling Gibson.

• Like 1

Gibson’s agent was touting him around for weeks before the story broke. No problem with that as he wanted to stay in the Prem. The problem was that he chose the wrong club he could have gone to Southampton where he would have been much better off but chose Burnley. I did hear that the decision was influenced by the fees his agent wanted.