oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

13 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Gibson did want to leave. It’s a complicated situation. Not all the Gibson’s get on.  Made the situation tricky.

Gibson wanted to leave when West Brom put 25m bid in for him when we got relegated purely for international purposes but uncle Steve said no hence the ‘fall out’ and second time round it was sanctioned by Steve because it suited.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Just now, BG93 said:

Gibson wanted to leave when West Brom put 25m bid in for him when we got relegated purely for international purposes but uncle Steve said no hence the ‘fall out’ and second time round it was sanctioned by Steve because it suited.

The fallout wasn’t Steve and ben

8 minutes ago, pikerman said:

Gibson’s agent was touting him around for weeks before the story broke. No problem with that as he wanted to stay in the Prem. The problem was that he chose the wrong club he could have gone to Southampton where he would have been much better off but chose Burnley. I did hear that the decision was influenced by the fees his agent wanted. 

Yeah and the fact dyche told him if he kept his head down and done well Burnley wouldn’t stand in his way if a big move came off

I don't know why we'd entertain Gibson at all to be honest why would we take our old highest earner back for a year with a hefty loan fee? Illogical to me we got good money for him got his wages off the books wished him luck and had a 20 year old Dael Fry ready to grab his spot we're 12 months on Fry's our best CB captain Friends apparently a CB for the left side we probably could do with a left footed LCB in the mix Shotton just looks so uncomfortable shaping passes on his right foot at LCB.

Friend could do what the Bournemouth fullbacks did when they were getting on and claim a CB spot he's more feasible than Shotton is. If we get a CB on loan I imagine it would be a PL young lad not a 50k a week Burnley defender on a 7 figure loan fee.

Just got in from work seems like thing picking up .... great work from all the itk guys ... even the guys who post rumours that may not be true from Twitter and various other sources... you keep us all taking

• Like 2
Just now, Hobo said:

If you reckon you have a story, how about telling it?

The fallout was between bens dad and Steve. There were issues to do with property and money. Ben didn’t want to get involved in the mess. Loved boro. Wanted to be in premier league. Left it up to Steve to decide.

5 minutes ago, Hobo said:

If you reckon you have a story, how about telling it?

My understanding is that Gibbo and his brother fell out after Steve blocked Ben leaving. He wanted him to stay for a season, which he did and after that he was off to the highest bidder. Whether or not there is any residue I have no idea but I was also led to believe that Ben's dad "retired" from Bulkhaul over it.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, billsykes said:

My understanding is that Gibbo and his brother fell out after Steve blocked Ben leaving. He wanted him to stay for a season, which he did and after that he was off to the highest bidder. Whether or not there is any residue I have no idea but I was also led to believe that Ben's dad "retired" from Bulkhaul over it.

Big part of it. There was money issues between the two brothers also - basically Ben didn’t want his move to lose his family the money connection to Steve

18 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Big part of it. There was money issues between the two brothers also - basically Ben didn’t want his move to lose his family the money connection to Steve

Shame, I used to love the Gibson Brothers. Cuba was a disco classic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1