oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 minute ago, Naisby said:

What about Scott McKenna from Aberdeen, 22 and has put in T/fear request with QPR and Forrest sniffing around?

Aberdeen rejected his transfer request, so I imagine they're going to play hardball.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Problem is prices don’t always compare team to team player to player. 

Everybody knows our financial status. That makes a huge difference to prices offered. It also makes a difference when we are buying - maybe Gibson was being clever when saying it’s a transitional time etc.

20 million for a player (who arguably would have less impact than 3 x 4-5 million pound players) is not something to be laughed at.

I don’t want to lose Fry but his value won’t increase whilst still in championship.

its a tricky situation at 20 million

11 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I think if we got £20m for Fry plus a big sell-on clause then it'd be a good deal. I like him and he's promising but I've not seen much from him to think we should get any more than that. 

Even if Ben Gibson was thrown into the equation I wouldn't be tempted!

If basically all the Fry money went on players and we got gibbo on loan I’d maybe think about it but it’s too late for us to replace him properly and spend the rest surely 

2 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Ffs go out for one meal and Sean Dyche is trying to buy Daels right boot.

Surely way too late now and the price is that far off his value, we wouldn’t be able to spend any of the money anyway 

3 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Ffs go out for one meal and Sean Dyche is trying to buy Daels right boot.

It would be easy to think this would mean Gibson not coming back if they don’t get Fry, sour grapes and all that 

21 minutes ago, Will said:

I’ve got to disagree here Lurker, the lad oozes quality. He has to go for, as a minimum, what Adam Webster did.

He should surely be worth much more than Webster...

- He’s 3 years younger

- He’s shown as much, if not more, in the Championship than Webster

- He’s played for England at every youth level up to and including U21, unlike Webster

Given Webster’s price, along with the prices rumoured for the likes of Tarkowski and Dunk and the price Harry Maguire has went for, Fry is easily worth £25-30m. 

• Like 1
Just now, Youngy228 said:

That’s good to hear.

At what price would you sell?

You have to be saying same price as Webster at a minimum and I wouldn't entertain gibbo on loan to sanction it. Fry is better than gibbo in my humble opinion.

• Like 1

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/17817643.middlesbrough-turn-8m-burnley-offer-dael-fry/

If 15 million opens a conversation as Wilson implies I'd assume that the 20 million pricetag Lurker mentioned is probably spot on. We need to play hardball make him our record sale make him more than Webster or stick a 20% sell on profit in there.

1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

You have to be saying same price as Webster at a minimum and I wouldn't entertain gibbo on loan to sanction it. Fry is better than gibbo in my humble opinion.

@Smoggydownsouth Do you see this stopping any separate deal for Gibbo if we don’t sell Fry to them?