oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

I’m not sure we’ll let him go and I know business is business, but i think Gibson cares about the local players - Burnley hasn’t exactly worked out for Ben Gibson. Another season or two then onto one of the top clubs if he keeps up his rate of progress. 

Sounds like a lot of our players really want to play for Woodgate as well - no rush to leave. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

I don’t think we should even be considering an offer this late in the day. 

But if we were to consider selling him, I’d be insisting that Ben Gibson, on a permanent, is part of any deal. Otherwise it leaves us with far too much work to do in 3 days. 

£15m plus Gibson and a healthy % of next sale would be my demands. Not because I think Fry is currently £15m better than Gibson but due to age, and Gibson’s current situation, I think Fry’s stock must be currently much more than Gibson’s. 

Even at that, I’d be pretty gutted as I can see Fry going for about £50m in a couple of seasons but at least Gibson and a few decent players with the £15m would help soften the blow. 

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

I don’t think we should even be considering an offer this late in the day. 

But if we were to consider selling him, I’d be insisting that Ben Gibson, on a permanent, is part of any deal. Otherwise it leaves us with far too much work to do in 3 days. 

£15m plus Gibson and a healthy % of next sale would be my demands. Not because I think Fry is currently £15m better than Gibson but due to age, and Gibson’s current situation, I think Fry’s stock must be currently much more than Gibson’s. 

Even at that, I’d be pretty gutted as I can see Fry going for about £50m in a couple of seasons but at least Gibson and a few decent players with the £15m would help soften the blow. 

Fry only goes for 50 million if we go up. If in 2 seasons we are still a championship club we get fleeced because of financial Situation. 

it’s like Leicester - they are being quoted 45 million for tarkowski because Burnley know they’ve just made 75 net! 

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be against selling Fry if it was £20-25m area, I think having that money would benefit the club more than having fry. He’s looked solid but never really stood out as anything flash imo, he definitely is calm on the ball but not that great with it at the same time.

• Wow 1

Scott McKenna. Centre back at Aberdeen. 22yrs of age and their captain. He seems to be highly regarded judging by media reports and handed in a transfer request today.  Anyone seen him play?

Think they want £5m for him so bit out of our price range but would fit in to our new recruitment  profile of developing a young talent if we did come in to money.

21 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Fry only goes for 50 million if we go up. If in 2 seasons we are still a championship club we get fleeced because of financial Situation. 

it’s like Leicester - they are being quoted 45 million for tarkowski because Burnley know they’ve just made 75 net! 

Sorry, I meant that if we sold Fry to a PL team now, I think he would end up going to one of the top 6 for £50m in a few years time. 

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Sorry, I meant that if we sold Fry to a PL team now, I think he would end up going to one of the top 6 for £50m in a few years time. 

Agree A he has that potential. But he doesn’t go for 50 from championship!