Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Brunners said:
41 minutes ago, tmcc said:

isn't he the player weve gone to scout in Belgium 

AFAIK no one knows who we went to scout in Belgium, we don't have a name yet!

If Bauser and Bevington have gone, I'd suggest that it's gone a little beyond scouting.

Thinking outside the box a little here, but a trip to Belgium and needing a CB, could lead Boro to Anderlecht and Welsh defender James Lawrence who has been a target for Rangers.

A player from the home countries who may feel like he wants to play in UK again.

All assumptions but we need a CB and he's British, so no language barrier, if that is so much of an issue these days.

If looking at youngsters in on loan. Jack Roles at Tottenham may be worth a shout. Highly rated at Spurs and just signed a new contract with them, though unlikely to get first team action soon. A goalscoring midfielder in the U 23's.

Random thoughts, but two within our reach I feel.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

You have to be saying same price as Webster at a minimum and I wouldn't entertain gibbo on loan to sanction it. Fry is better than gibbo in my humble opinion.

absolutely agree, he is as good as Gibbo was at Boro already, and is still only 21. He is also much taller than Gibson, faster and a better passer.

6 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

absolutely agree, he is as good as Gibbo was at Boro already, and is still only 21. He is also much taller than Gibson, faster and a better passer.

Gibson had a solid full season with us in the premiership, I’m not sure you can say that he is as good as Gibson was until he’s done the same.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Boro Scot said:

if the price is right for SG then he'll sell Fry, we are a club in decline financially and 8 figure sums don't come along often any more.

Boro sold two/three players for 8 figure sums last summer.

The way I see it, sales in that price bracket are only going to get more common across the board unless the bubble bursts.

Half of Swansea's team seem to be getting sold for 8 figure sums, Daniel James went for £15m after one mid-table season in the Championship.

Edited by TeaCider24
26 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Gibson had a solid full season with us in the premiership, I’m not sure you can say that he is as good as Gibson was until he’s done the same.

was he really that solid for the full season? Did ok until christmas, but Chambers looked better. Fell apart with the rest of the team after that.

13 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

was he really that solid for the full season? Did ok until christmas, but Chambers looked better. Fell apart with the rest of the team after that.

Didn’t we have one of the best defensive records in the bottom half? I’m sure for a relegated team our goals conceded was actually quite respectable. Gibson was most definitely one of the few players to come out of that season with any credit, I just think our fans are overly harsh/dismissive of a player who was a huge part of a record breaking, promotion achieving defence. Fry hasn’t come close to emulating Gibson’s success here and I think he’d tell you that himself.

Id agree that he’s calm on the ball and better with it than Gibson was, but on the other side not as commanding and not as big a presence, look at our defending from set pieces between promotion and relegation.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Scott McKenna. Centre back at Aberdeen. 22yrs of age and their captain. He seems to be highly regarded judging by media reports and handed in a transfer request today.  Anyone seen him play?

Think they want £5m for him so bit out of our price range but would fit in to our new recruitment  profile of developing a young talent if we did come in to money.

I swear we’ve been linked with him before. Maybe last season...? 

Edit: There we are, linked last January. Dunno how legitimate it was mind 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/31/do-report-middlesbrough-join-stoke-city-in-making-scott-mckenna/

Edited by RealSlimSladeyy

I hope we keep hold of Fry, not enough time to replace him

Might get more money in January anyways when prem clubs might be desperate 

Hopefully tomorrow Dijksteel gets announced and this Belgian winger's name is revealed

I'm hoping for Benson Manuel, him or Nikola Storm are my guesses 

The best case scenario here is that Burnley don’t sell Tarkowski, so therefore don’t need to buy Dael Fry and will also then be able to Loan Ben Gibson to us. But we’re Boro so it probably won’t pan out that way 

3 hours ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Just seen that Chelsea are only asking for £4.5m for Kenneth Omeruo, wonder what his wages are

Think omeruo is a great shout, surely less than 4.5mil tho