oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

8 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Why, yet again, have we left it so late to sort out our wings, something that we’ve been needing to fix for (it feels like) the last 10 transfer windows!?

The Prem sides don't loan their players out until the last minute when they finish preseason usually abroad and decide their squads. And don't forget we've signed Browne.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I would be both surprised and concerned if we decided to sell Tav, what is making Barnsley think that we would even consider a sale?

Unless it's a decent loan fee and he wants first team football. The lad needs to be playing yet he's still sat on our bench, even Saville got on ahead of him..

1 minute ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Would anyone take Bojan? Been released from Stoke. 

Just seen this on SSN, its a yes from me.  Good player in there somewhere would give us few options up top, would just need to be low wages,

11 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

I wouldn’t be against selling Fry if it was £20-25m area, I think having that money would benefit the club more than having fry. He’s looked solid but never really stood out as anything flash imo, he definitely is calm on the ball but not that great with it at the same time.

Given our record of transfers, I'm not so sure that's correct. We've apparently been trying to replace Flint since he left and still nothing yet, too. I think Fry is invaluable to proving Woodgate's system can work, which is important to sell to the fans. Still worth bearing in mind that losing Fry doesn't benefit our wage bill very much either.

As for Tav, seems like he's clearly in the first team picture. Don't think anything can be really be gained from selling him now, his value can surely still increase. As for the lad himself, what would Barnsley offer that we can't? Would they be offering him a bigger wage? Maybe. Seems a bit of a sideways step at best for the lad rather than a forward one, all things considered.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, scotty189 said:

Just seen this on SSN, its a yes from me.  Good player in there somewhere would give us few options up top, would just need to be low wages,

I suspect he'll go back to Spain. He's got Prem and Barca on his CV, he'll do fine hunting down a decent wage.

3 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Would anyone take Bojan? Been released from Stoke. 

No from me.

Released a year early by Stoke, they've frequently loaned him out. Maybe it's down to his wages, but it comes across like he's not got the correct mindset and would end up being trouble for the club.

• Like 1

I'd guess as things stand Ibe will become available when Bournemouth seal the Wilson signing and IF West Ham were willing to loan Diangana that comes with it's own problems like the massive loan fees West Ham are demanding for even less proven youngsters.

Still seems like we wont get the rest of what we want until deadline day to me I imagine they'll be PL loans and we're on PL clubs time not ours.

A small point re Fry valuation it isn't just Webster it's the likes of Mepham as well as PL-PL transfers inflate clubs look for value in the Championship which consequently causes Championship players wanted by PL clubs prices to skyrocket as well we're well within our rights to ask 20 million plus.

1 minute ago, Foogle said:

Maupay has been sold to Brighton, probably a good time to play Brentford as they wont have time to blood a replacement.

I reckon that Mbeumo is going to be a different class for them this season

4 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Maupay has been sold to Brighton, probably a good time to play Brentford as they wont have time to blood a replacement.

In typical Brentford style it looks like they are going to replace him with an absolute bargain. They’re closing in on Lyle Taylor for around £3m. 

1 minute ago, CWC said:

In typical Brentford style it looks like they are going to replace him with an absolute bargain. They’re closing in on Lyle Taylor for around £3m. 

You've got to feel for Charlton fans...