oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

2 minutes ago, FamilyBoro said:

I also really like the number of permanent signings we have made rather than multiple Loans for key positions. Helps give the club serious sustainability that we can essentially build on next year. 

Yes I like the long term view that the club are taking, rather than just chasing loans for key positions year on year like a Derby and constantly having to rebuild. We should be trying to build a strong base of a team with a loan or two to when we feel like we can push for promotion.

• Like 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

?!?! We were seriously interested in Boye though.

I just don't believe it. He wouldn't have immediately signed for Reading if he had more options on the table, he'd have waited it out.

Fwiw from the clips Frey looks a better option than him.. Decent on the ball and mobile.. doesn't look to have much of a goal instinct tho.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, caseybwoy said:

Completely disagree, He's a very good young centre back that has played for England at every youth level. Not to mention that due to southgate's DNA project will have played how we plan to play every step of the way too!  Gibbo was very good, but Fry oozes class and I'm sure will be playing for a top team in the years to come if his development continues. (Preferably boro when we win the PL in 2 years time)?

Agree with this, Fry is the epitome of a ball-playing centre half and will be a key player under JW, if he stays of course. Comfortable on both feet and can step out when he has the opportunity - I actually think him and Gibson are similar in style when in possession of the ball.

In terms of fee's, the benchmark is obviously Webster at £20m - I get the comparisons to Gibson, but fees have become significantly inflated since then. Gibson had a very impressive full season in the PL too, which reduced Burnley's risk considerably.

From the clubs point of view, and the player too, I think another season makes the most sense. In a years time Fry could increase his value significantly - he's definitely not at his zenith in terms of a championship clubs selling their biggest asset.

I hate myself for this (only because it's Boro and I know I will feel let down by the end of the season), but I am feeling pretty excited by this new playing style and interest in what I at least perceive to be the right kind of targets. I feel like we are a few signings away from a solid season. The next few days should be interesting, I suspect there will be a few more twists and turns before the end of the window. I am certainly expecting a signing thats a bolt out of the blue.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Maybe he’s been taken somewhere quiet to work on his penalties.

In all seriousness I wonder if someone else will get a go from now on. Didn't he sky the one before too?

I bet Wing could smash a good pen. 

I’m feeling like it’s it early 1980’s again, every time we get a squad together, the key pieces get sold by the club without thinking of the effect on the club. Money rules and looks like Gibson caught the Amer bug.

hate to think that or even say it as Gibson has done great things for the club, but due to secrecy regarding finances and a lack of a business model being shown, I’m forced into thinking that we now cashing in and that trumps ambition or promotion chances. 

I really thought that after 1986 we were past this, selling for good reasons I’m ok with but selling the key squad foundations and replacing with unknowns (no offence meant to those players) makes me think does the club need the sales to survive?if so I can go along with this, but have a nagging doubt that this isn’t the case.

I'd sell Britt. He is a good player, but a luxury player at times and for the money we paid, I've never been convinced about his ability to finish a chance. 

I still have nightmares of his game vs Forest where he spooned about 5 chances. If we can recoup some money I'd rather give Fletcher an opportunity to lead.