oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 minute ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

In all seriousness I wonder if someone else will get a go from now on. Didn't he sky the one before too?

I bet Wing could smash a good pen. 

Woody already said britt will take the next one.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

In all seriousness I wonder if someone else will get a go from now on. Didn't he sky the one before too?

Woody said in the interview after the game Britt will take the next pen and score it

3 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Someone else might get a go sometime, but Britt will take the next one. No reason to suggest Wingy could do it though 'cos he can hit a ball. Every player in our squad can hit a ball well enough to smash it in from 18 yards. It's entirely mental, Britt didn't seem to take the penalty seriously enough. I miss the Power Ranger that is Grant Leadbitter.

Just now, ManBearPig said:

I'd sell Britt. He is a good player, but a luxury player at times and for the money we paid, I've never been convinced about his ability to finish a chance. 

I still have nightmares of his game vs Forest where he spooned about 5 chances. If we can recoup some money I'd rather give Fletcher an opportunity to lead.

That would be suicide. 

• Like 4

You do understand Britt has so many chances in games because he has an innate ability to be in the right place at the right time. Not something you can teach and certainly not something Fletcher has.

With 2 days to go we're not going to get a striker capable of 20+ goals out of thin air.

• Like 14
4 minutes ago, Naisby said:

I’m feeling like it’s it early 1980’s again, every time we get a squad together, the key pieces get sold by the club without thinking of the effect on the club. Money rules and looks like Gibson caught the Amer bug.

hate to think that or even say it as Gibson has done great things for the club, but due to secrecy regarding finances and a lack of a business model being shown, I’m forced into thinking that we now cashing in and that trumps ambition or promotion chances. 

I really thought that after 1986 we were past this, selling for good reasons I’m ok with but selling the key squad foundations and replacing with unknowns (no offence meant to those players) makes me think does the club need the sales to survive?if so I can go along with this, but have a nagging doubt that this isn’t the case.

What on earth are you on about. This is absolutely nothing like the early 80's. We've sold Flint and Braithwaite. Hardly "key" players.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Naisby said:

I’m feeling like it’s it early 1980’s again, every time we get a squad together, the key pieces get sold by the club without thinking of the effect on the club. Money rules and looks like Gibson caught the Amer bug.

hate to think that or even say it as Gibson has done great things for the club, but due to secrecy regarding finances and a lack of a business model being shown, I’m forced into thinking that we now cashing in and that trumps ambition or promotion chances. 

I really thought that after 1986 we were past this, selling for good reasons I’m ok with but selling the key squad foundations and replacing with unknowns (no offence meant to those players) makes me think does the club need the sales to survive?if so I can go along with this, but have a nagging doubt that this isn’t the case.

Who have the club sold bar Flint?

Interest in Fry, Randolph and Assombalonga has all been rejected. There's still 2 days left, so I guess they could still sell key players, but unlike last season we seem to be keeping the key players.

6 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I'd sell Britt. He is a good player, but a luxury player at times and for the money we paid, I've never been convinced about his ability to finish a chance. 

I still have nightmares of his game vs Forest where he spooned about 5 chances. If we can recoup some money I'd rather give Fletcher an opportunity to lead.

I could not disagree more

6 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:
12 minutes ago, Naisby said:

What on earth are you on about. This is absolutely nothing like the early 80's. We've sold Flint and Braithwaite. Hardly "key" players.

Andy Lonergan is pretty irreplaceable mind.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

If a good offer came in I think we would take it. He will be on big wages. Ditto Randolph. 

15 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

No idea why people think we can do better.  This whole 'misses chances' thing of a striker who scored 15 odd goals last season in a Pulis side.  Play to his strengths and we've got one of the best in the league. 

• Like 3

The criticism towards Britt from some fans still baffles me, the reason he misses so many chances is because he gets in the positions to score those chances in the first place.  One-on-ones aren't even a commonality in football and yet he still manages to get in about 10 one-on-one positions a season due to his pace and ability to run in behind.  Think about it, how many times did Randolph find himself one-on-one with a striker last season? Not many.

I'm not saying he's anywhere near Aguero's level but watching Aguero he misses just as many chances as he scores, because he gets that many chances due to his great positional awareness.  I think people forget we're only a Championship side and there really are some awful strikers in this league, to sell Britt this late on would be ludicrous.

Edited by MikeyBoro
  • Like 1

A player of britt’s quality in terms of movement would be in the premier league if he didn’t miss chances. In the championship you can either get a player who is bad off the ball and clinical or good off the ball and not that clinical. We’d struggle to find a player better than Britt in the championship