Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Which teams were linked with Britt earlier? Palace?, Bristol City and Sheff Utd. Can't see the prem teams going for him now. Could Bristol afford him and do they need a forward? 

Just now, TAPOUT said:

Which teams were linked with Britt earlier? Palace?, Bristol City and Sheff Utd. Can't see the prem teams going for him now. Could Bristol afford him and do they need a forward? 

Just signed one I think Massenga or something.

35 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

What on earth are you on about. This is absolutely nothing like the early 80's. We've sold Flint and Braithwaite. Hardly "key" players.

I assume he's also including Gibson, Traore and Bamford with the possibility of Fry also leaving?  Doesn't feel quite like the early 80's yet to me but it's not an example of rude health either.

I wouldn't criticise Britt for his chances missed, all the top strikers miss chances and I'd guess his conversion rate is not much different from most of the other top scorers at our level. 

As somebody said earlier he has a knack of getting in the right place which is hard to teach. 

My criticism would be against his all round game, his touch and hold up play is really poor and his work rate isn't good. I disagree that he's a potential premier league player, I don't think he'd get a kick at that level because he's lacking so much technically.

The Britt fans will always point to his goalscoring record but sometimes I feel like I want more out of him to help the team. I'm not advocating selling him but if we swapped his 15-20 goals for a striker who scored a few less but contributed more to the team it wouldn't be the end of the world for me. 

I think we'd win as many games with the versions of Nugent or Kike that we had under Karanka even though they wouldn't score as many goals as Britt. 

16 minutes ago, Boro Badger said:

I’m guessing the plan is to get our width from the full backs Liverpool style, so I’m not expecting us to target wingers as a priority this window.

Absolutely spot on. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Boro Badger said:

I’m guessing the plan is to get our width from the full backs Liverpool style, so I’m not expecting us to target wingers as a priority this window.

I hope they don't see Marvin Johnson as our Salah! Definitely need a RW as a priority imo 

• Haha 1
Just now, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

I hope they don't see Marvin Johnson as our Salah! Definitely need a RW as a priority imo 

Of course Marvin Johnson isn’t our salah... He’s our messi?

• Like 1