oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

10 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Yes possibly 1 or 2 more if players leave 

By this do you mean just 1 or 2 after Dijksteel or 1 or 2 more than the 4 we think we can get? ?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Couldn't that also be a reason not to be sceptical, i.e. that they have a pre-existing relationship with the club.

It could but on the other side SMI since day 1 Woodgate 'hijacking' SMI client Lyle Taylor transfer with impending bid is an easier sell as BS to me personally just turned my scepticism up, a bit like how we supposedly chased Snodgrass every window for 2 years, ah good times.

5 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

It could but on the other side SMI since day 1 Woodgate 'hijacking' SMI client Lyle Taylor transfer with impending bid is an easier sell as BS to me personally just turned my scepticism up, a bit like how we supposedly chased Snodgrass every window for 2 years, ah good times.

We were kind of after Snodgrass to be fair.  I can't say I'm all that fussed about Taylor though.

2 minutes ago, Mad_Dog_Poggy said:

Pimps in Derby are optimistic of a great financial start to the next calendar year. 

giphy.gif

They will be investing in a more "mature" merchandise in the coming months!

• Haha 1

If the Dijksteel deal goes through we could actually field a good XI made up entirely of players 24 and under:

--------------Pears---------------

Dijksteel--Fry--Wood--Bola

-Tavernier--McNair--Wing-

Coulson----Fletcher----Browne

The future seems bright!

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Mad_Dog_Poggy said:

I often think the whole "if you can't beat them, join them" on the Stadium sale loophole , but as you only really get 1 go at it the timing needs to be right. 

If I understand correctly the FFP measurement is based on the most recent 3 seasons. Looking at our last 3 seasons where 2 of which included parachute payments, I would suggest we are compliant.  I've nerded a bit and reckon playing this trump card (if needed) wouldn't be until the 2021/22 season (provided we've not secured promotion beforehand).   But I would guess by that time the EFL would have closed such loopholes with rule amendments. 

Just thinking out loud. 

FFP Seasons.png

The issue with this is that Gibson would actually have to pay the money to buy the stadium.  I don't think he wants to sink in another £80m or whatever the cost would be.  I'm not even sure that he could.

2 hours ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

In all seriousness I wonder if someone else will get a go from now on. Didn't he sky the one before too?

I bet Wing could smash a good pen. 

He'd probably put a hole in the keeper and the net lol

2 hours ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

In all seriousness I wonder if someone else will get a go from now on. Didn't he sky the one before too?

I bet Wing could smash a good pen. 

He'd probably put a hole in the keeper and the net lol

6 minutes ago, Foogle said:

If the Dijksteel deal goes through we could actually field a good XI made up entirely of players 24 and under:

--------------Pears---------------

Dijksteel--Fry--Wood--Bola

-Tavernier--McNair--Wing-

Coulson----Fletcher----Browne

The future seems bright!

Wood is lightyears away from being ready if preseason is anything to go by.