oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Apart from Braithwaite and Flint we haven't sold anyone, we've removed high earners from our books like Mikel, Downing and Besic, do you not think the reason we're looking at young players from the lower leagues is because we don't want to have to sell our key players? I'd rather keep the spine of the team intact and buy youngsters with potential who may just turn out to be the next big thing.

What did you think when we signed Lewis Wing from Shildon, for example?

I’m happy with whoever we sign tbh, if they come to boro then they good enough for me. My comment was really more to do with the last few days our solid squad members like Fry and Britt being rumoured to be possibly being sold.

financial stability is one thing, buying players you hope will do a job for you at prices you can afford is sensible, but if your selling over a period of time all the squads proven assets and replacing them with unproven ones at a reduced price. Then with the lack of clarity regarding our finances, I start to think that we are no longer as ambitious as we once were, and if we do sell Fry and Britt then possibly making the mistakes of years ago.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

8 hours ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

if we loan out Tav surely we need 2 wingers in then, can't seen anything in it myself 

we do anyway, Woody sees Tav as a central midfielder, Pulis also did

We need at least one, not 100% on brownes best position but it’s clearly one of them wide areas, him and fletcher are 2 good options we just need a 3rd so maybe finally we can have a well balanced front 3.

Still think we need something in midfield aswell, Wing is a definite starter of course but not hugely convinced by howson, tavernier or Clayton in the other 2 spots.

30 minutes ago, Pork Slops said:

Signed him as a player coach so that only 50% of his wage is calculated within FFP aswell, cant we do that with all our players... 21 year old player coaches I'm sure they will buy that.

Rooney is only UEFA level B coach, he can only work with U16s or below.  How much does an U16 coac get at an academy 25-30k? You could make argument for 50k, anything beyond that is clearly an attempt to avoid FFP.  2mill/year for an U16 coach simply isn't going to be acceptable for FFP because it's out of context with the fee anyone has ever been paid at that level.

13 minutes ago, velocitractor said:

A booty call from someone else? While the girl barely knows where she is? Is that a thing? 

Haha the girl knew exactly where she was and what the situation was, once he left after having sex with her she got offended and cried rape. The whole thing was covered by the media but obviously you know better. Anyway let's not *** up the transfer thread, take it to non-boro football if it bothers you that much.

• Like 3
  • Angry 1
23 minutes ago, velocitractor said:

A booty call from someone else? While the girl barely knows where she is? Is that a thing? 

The girl walked into the hotel with him, left her pizza on top of the car, walked out unaided in high heels perfectly fine collected the pizza then walked back in. Stop talking nonsense. 

Just now, Sarumite said:

Shall we leave the ins and outs of a legal trial on here please.

Purely from the context of not derailing a thread, yes.

Don't see why it can't be discussed in a more appropriate part of the forum, though.

5 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

Rooney is only UEFA level B coach, he can only work with U16s or below.  How much does an U16 coac get at an academy 25-30k? You could make argument for 50k, anything beyond that is clearly an attempt to avoid FFP.  2mill/year for an U16 coach simply isn't going to be acceptable for FFP because it's out of context with the fee anyone has ever been paid at that level.

FFP includes all of his wages so it really doesn't matter.

Let's just stick to transfers, yeah? We have enough to be getting on with. It's almost deadline day! 

Burnley are incredibly cheeky, how about they play Ben rather than trying to buy Fry. They clearly can't afford Fry judging by that insulting offer. 

1 minute ago, caseybwoy said:

The girl walked into the hotel with him, left her pizza on top of the car, walked out unaided in high heels perfectly fine collected the pizza then walked back in. Stop talking nonsense. 

What flavour pizza was it? ?