oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

12 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

What has fry done?

he has potential and he has England youth but that is potential which moves his value from 5 to 15 in my opinion.

Bloody hell.

He debuted at 17, is the only defender at the football club capable of turning out of a press is the best U21 England CB in the country with Tomori finally had his breakthrough last year and took it you know what Gibson was doing at 21? Making mistakes and learning from them I can't recall many Fry mistakes even when he was a RB. Fry's more disciplined, faster, taller and carries the ball better than any CB we've produced in my 27 year lifetime. Gibson has 5 years on him with respect to Ben in 5 years I doubt Fry will be at Burnley.

Don't rate the lad from Berwick Hills right now? Fine but there's a reason Liverpool have scouted Dael since he was 14 on and off at least wish our own luck especially if they go for a club record fee at 21!

• Like 8
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Ayala, Shotton, friend , McNair plus an as yet unnamed prem loan and the young uns in the squad is not too desperate

i like Fry and would prefer to keep him but money talks

i would also be shocked if woody wasn’t fully aware of the price on players heads when he got the job so think he will just get on with the job

I just think that we should wait until all our business is done before we go all doom and gloom.

Why do I keep reading that weve had a good transfer window?

Shifting braithwaite and flint has been positive I'll grant you 

But weve brought in two players that are completely unproven. And a third on his way. Yes they've looked decent a level below and they could come good but these are all ifs and buts. Added to that that one now looks like it was potentially unnecessary with Coulson's rise.

You cant say it's a good window when we havent brought anyone in of proven quality. Been biting my tongue on it for a while but if were also selling britt and fry then it could well end up being a disaster of a window. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Prowler said:

He's done it at every club he's been at? 

PL doesn't mean better defenders. Just because he doesn't score against the best doesn't mean he won't against the worst. 

Feed him and he'll score. RVJ was the same sort of player and no one slated him for only scoring in the box. Extreme example but players who come alive in the 12 yard area and finish are rare. 

?

Just now, BoroMart said:

If Britt goes to Palace he will get about 5 goals, if he goes to Leeds he will get 15, probably most in the first 3 months and then be in and out the team.

don't know where you get this in and out of the team thing from, AFAIK last season was his only season you could claim he was in and out and that was a Pulis problem, not a Britt problem.

1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

Bloody hell.

He debuted at 17, is the only defender at the football club capable of turning out of a press is the best U21 England CB in the country with Tomori finally had his breakthrough last year and took it you know what Gibson was doing at 21? Making mistakes and learning from them. Fry's more disciplined, faster, taller and carries the ball better than any CB we've produced in my 27 year lifetime. Gibson has 5 years on him with respect to Ben in 5 years I doubt Fry will be at Burnley.

Don't rate the lad from Berwick Hills right now? Fine but there's a reason Liverpool have scouted Dael since he was 14 on and off at least wish our own luck especially if they go for a club record fee at 21!

Reminds me a lot of a young Gary Pallister, he was the same, tall ( a bit skinny) liked to waltz out from defence with the ball, was quick and read the game well.  He got a bit chunky later on when he came back, but there are a lot of similarities with the young Pally and Fry.

• Like 2
Just now, Neverbefore said:

Why do I keep reading that weve had a good transfer window?

Shifting braithwaite and flint has been positive I'll grant you 

But weve brought in two players that are completely unproven. And a third on his way. Yes they've looked decent a level below and they could come good but these are all ifs and buts. Added to that that one now looks like it was potentially unnecessary with Coulson's rise.

You cant say it's a good window when we havent brought anyone in of proven quality. Been biting my tongue on it for a while but if were also selling britt and fry then it could well end up being a disaster of a window. 

Totally agree, I said the same recently. Surely we need to see how the lower league signings pan out before hailing this window as a success. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

?

Well, it doesn't? You have a load that were playing in the championship not long ago. A load of has beens and many prome to *** howlers. Even the best of them.

1 minute ago, BoroMart said:

Reminds me a lot of a young Gary Pallister, he was the same, tall ( a bit skinny) liked to waltz out from defence with the ball, was quick and read the game well.  He got a bit chunky later on when he came back, but there are a lot of similarities with the young Pally and Fry.

Pallister was light years ahead of Fry at this stage of his career. 

• Like 1