oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

13 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I am not changing any argument. I am just stating that Britt has scored lots of goals over his career but none of his teams have been promoted. Keep Britt and he might get 20 goals, but it seems at the cost of success of the team. We arent going to agree. Its no skin off my nose. No need to call people dumb though, especially when you undermine your own argument by writing erroneous info about Bamford and suggesting the goals he scored last season made any significance to a season where we won nothing.

You are correct TAPOUT, you have to spoonfeed the chances for Britt, and he is a strong finisher within 6 yards, but it takes a lot of work for a team to create chances from 4 yards out, and decent CBs will always cut the crosses out.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Well tomorrow should be interesting. I hope the majority of fans will understand why this has happened and why it's not actually the end of the world, though.

Because the club/business is badly managed and has been for some time now.  That's why all of this is happening, the individual pieces of it are all just part of the bigger picture.

• Like 3

Sell Britt and Fry for a combined 28m + Gibson.

Sign Eze for 5m + Saville.

15m + Johnson for Bowen.

1m for Gayle on loan for a season 

3m for Frey/Taylor

4m to find another CB with.  

Easy this management lark, dunno what anybody is worried about ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Adam P said:

Sell Britt and Fry for a combined 28m + Gibson.

Sign Eze for 5m + Saville.

15m + Johnson for Bowen.

1m for Gayle on loan for a season 

3m for Frey/Taylor

4m to find another CB with.  

Easy this management lark, dunno what anybody is worried about ?

Well, we'd end up with a wage bill that's higher than we currently have, which is too high for us as it stands.  

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Well, we'd end up with a wage bill that's higher than we currently have, which is too high for us as it stands.  

Aye but we can continue to subsidize Gestede, Shotton and Fletcher for 30k+ a week

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Because the club/business is badly managed and has been for some time now.  That's why all of this is happening, the individual pieces of it are all just part of the bigger picture.

It's ok though, Gibson, Bevington and Bausor have a cunning plan.

We're going to start buying good players this season.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah tongue was firmly in cheek but if we do sell one of Fry/Britt we should be going for proven quality such as Eze with the money raised.

Signing players with potential is one thing, but we need to add quality if we have the funds available. 

• Like 1

I guess we were told to be patient. We may have to go through a couple of seasons of making profit on some of these players. We buy 4 or 5 of these 21 year olds, maybe 1 or 2 don't cut the mustard, maybe 1 or 2 prove themselves steady champo players, and 1 or 2 prove star assets that we sell on. Every year we add another 2 or 3 young players, until eventually our squad is full of players that know how we play, and we get lucky with a couple of start players at the same time.

It's what Brentford have tried to do, but haven't quite got it over the line. We are a bigger club with more resources and a better academy, maybe we can take their model a step further into a prem side

The part I was comfortable with for the new approach was that we would not overpay for players and buy low to then progress them into great players, yes we would sell some if crazy offers came in but the overall goal is to get players with potential and hone that. Not sell 2 of your best first team players and be left with a team of unproven kids. 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

He isn't useless, he is just very limited.  How many times has he dropped a shoulder and beaten the last defender, how many times has he cooly dinked it over an advancing keeper, how many times has he done a clever turn in the box and finished in the far corner? He doesn't have those in his locker.  It's a header or tap in from 3 yards, and if the keeper is slow off his line he will finish a through ball 1 in 5 times. You need more than that.

I mean.. he does have those attributes in his locker cause we’ve seen them. Who cares if it’s a header from 3 yards, a goal is a goal. It means he’s getting in the right position. 

Javier Hernandez never scores outside the box. Is he a bad striker because he doesn’t “have it in his locker” to score from outside the area?

Out:

Britt - 14m

Fry - 15m + Gibson 

Shotton - 3m?

In:

Gibson (Fry Deal)

Eze - 8m

McKenna - 7m

Kent - 4m plus add-ons

Dijksteel - 2m (pretty much confirmed already)

Striker (Frey/Samatta) - 4/5m? - cheeky punt for Paddy even at the 10m Leeds never paid us last season ??

I think that lowers the wage bill a bit and also makes us a bit of coin in transfer fees. I'd love to keep Fry and Britt but if we cant and it helps us flesh out the squad it may not be a total disaster!

Seen SDS say it's not Gibbo included in the part ex. If that's the case would hope it was Vydra to play as a false 9 and we will need to buy another CB instead of another striker