oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

If Burnley offered only 11 million and it’s not Gibson it has to be Vydra surely 

Yeah I’d say it’s pretty much nailed on to be vydra.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Yeah I’d say it’s pretty much nailed on to be vydra.

Or we just take all the money and buy eze. I really think there is a chance we can get him now ? 

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Or we just take all the money and buy eze. I really think there is a chance we can get him now ? 

Haha same tbh specially if Leicester have interest and we can get £20m, the Aberdeen defender, eze plus cash left over for a wide player (Kent maybe) imo would be pretty good business.

Britt going is the Liverpool equivalent of letting Sturridge leave and playing Firminho instead. IF we had a striker lined up more suited for that role THEN it makes sense to cash in, but otherwise we are boned. 

Likewise selling Fry only makes sense if we have one or two suitable replacements lined up already, otherwise it's just a cash grab. 

• Like 1

What good would getting Vydra do? We don’t play a 10 and the squad is very CM heavy, so it suits us to play 3 in midfield. It just doesn’t make sense.

Fry leaving I’m not massively fussed over as long as we get a good price and the replacement is lined up.

I love Britt he’s a proper jonny on the spot.. but he lets himself down so often. Clumsy, falls over, poor touch. If he stays I’m happy.. if he goes I’m fine as well, there’s other players.

29 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

What good would getting Vydra do? We don’t play a 10 and the squad is very CM heavy, so it suits us to play 3 in midfield. It just doesn’t make sense.

Fry leaving I’m not massively fussed over as long as we get a good price and the replacement is lined up.

I love Britt he’s a proper jonny on the spot.. but he lets himself down so often. Clumsy, falls over, poor touch. If he stays I’m happy.. if he goes I’m fine as well, there’s other players.

Vydra played left of deeny for Watford in a 3 I think?

ive just watched a video of Frey and tbh I think he’d go down a storm here, doesn’t look like an out and out CF, looks like he plays quite a bit from the left. His touch, strength and vision at times is excellent and looks like he has a phenomenal work rate .

https://youtu.be/A2RfCZYetss

First of all I’d like to caveat this post by saying I would prefer for Britt &Fry to stay. 

But am I the only one that’s a bit meh if they leave? 

Most fans including me think we’ll finish top half. Certainly not expecting promotion even with those two. Without them will we get relegated? I think that is very unlikely. We are in a rebuilding/transitional phase and 25-30million would go a long way to help us next season and the following ones. Personally I think Woody needs 3 seasons to show that we are on the right trajectory (obviously we need to see the correct progress each year) 

Also if it is premier league teams coming in for those players we pretty much have to let them go if they so desire. We saw with Braithwaite what happens if a player is unhappy or unwilling to stay if a bigger club/league comes in for them. 

All we know for sure is the next 36 hours or so is gonna be a nervous/exciting/bum twitching period of time so let’s not get too upset and see what happens 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

Turn down £12m and £40k/week wage off the books but contemplate selling Fry. I really do not get it.

Been locked out of the site for 30 mins then get on to read all this !.....not good,I did used to rate Vydra but that was 4 seasons ago.

im quite pleased with our signings so far to be honest,would like to keep fry if possible however if we have to let him go due to finances then so be it,as with brit,im not bothered if he does go,he is replaceable ,if we spend what we have wisely,as weve done so far this preseason then we will be ok,i personally dont think losing assombalonga will be the end of the world,im quite happy to see how this pans out the next 2 days.onwards and upwards guys

I dont want Fry or Britt to go but it looks like nobody is interested in Shotton Gestede or Saville, It was said early on they had players waiting to come in but it was dependant on outgoings. 

Probably wouldn't have got enough from the 3 to bring in who we wanted,So lets wait till the window closes before debating whether it has been a good or bad window.

Hopefully we get a more balanced squad, the way Woodgate is set on playing i am sure any decent striker will score goals.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DevKWat said:

Let’s somehow try to make it more positive. Say we do get £30m and Ben Gibson for Fry and Britt. How do you spend the £30m? Names and Prices, go...

The arsenal lad, Nketiah? Loan.

Eze 8m.

Keep the rest, Re access in Jan.

12 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Info could be an issue next 35 hours.... looks like all phones to be left in reception....

If it means our targets don't get leaked then fair enough.

Can you get to an internet cafe? ?

(Do they even still exist?)

• Haha 1