oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If it means our targets don't get leaked then fair enough.

Can you get to an internet cafe? ?

(Do they even still exist?)

I agree mate.... as i said to my source as and when you can if you can.. don't jeopardise yourself. So see what comes today. Stay positive... if players leave then they leave. Just business which unfortunately is now what football is.

• Like 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Pretty gutted at the thought of Britt and Fry going. I think the Woodgate regime so far has got loads of positivity and people buying into the approach - but always felt the introduction of young lower league players needed to be done carefully, keeping the brilliant spine of the team intact. For football purposes as well as to keep the supporters engaged and behind the team. 

Some new, hungry, young players added to a team with Randolph, Fry, Wing and Assombaloga at the spine was exciting and ambitious. Now it feels like we are starting from scratch yet again - something Woodgate and Gibson said they wanted to change.  

I think we’ll need a decent exciting signing to keep the supporters engaged, we can’t keep replacing our first team with lower league players  

1 hour ago, Uwe said:

First of all I’d like to caveat this post by saying I would prefer for Britt &Fry to stay. 

But am I the only one that’s a bit meh if they leave? 

Most fans including me think we’ll finish top half. Certainly not expecting promotion even with those two. Without them will we get relegated? I think that is very unlikely. We are in a rebuilding/transitional phase and 25-30million would go a long way to help us next season and the following ones. Personally I think Woody needs 3 seasons to show that we are on the right trajectory (obviously we need to see the correct progress each year) 

Also if it is premier league teams coming in for those players we pretty much have to let them go if they so desire. We saw with Braithwaite what happens if a player is unhappy or unwilling to stay if a bigger club/league comes in for them. 

All we know for sure is the next 36 hours or so is gonna be a nervous/exciting/bum twitching period of time so let’s not get too upset and see what happens 

Well said mate and agree entirely.

Will add another caveat to what you said I really do not think that Britt is happy here not because of his manners and footballing displays but in general. I suspect he would welcome the best chance for himself to get away from the North East and with that would we get into another Braithwaite situation?

• Like 1

I think we will find out how close he is to going today if he’s back training then maybe their is still a lot of work to do for the buying team, but if he’s left out again it’s probably pretty much done and just the medical to sort can imagine the personal terms structure of fees was done yesterday

Don't particularly want to see either player leave, but if we can get close to our money back on Britt and his wages off the bill on balance that isn't a bad bit of business. Fry we should be keeping and developing as we will cash in to a greater extent in the future I feel.

New to this forum. Diddnt know it exsisted. Looks like a belter. Alot better than refreshing my rwitter feed every 10 seconds ?

What's up with this rumour about boro cheifs in Belgium? If true anyone know why? 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

New to this forum. Diddnt know it exsisted. Looks like a belter. Alot better than refreshing my rwitter feed every 10 seconds ?

What's up with this rumour about boro cheifs in Belgium? If true anyone know why? 

They went to Belgium. Player turned us down.

Gibson, bausor, bevington all at rockliffe today

10 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Welcome, Danny, glad to have you on board. I think we are in for a bit of a rollercoaster over the next couple of days. 

It looks like the Belgium forward had a change of heart and decided not to join us. Things may change, of course. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, BoroMart said:

He isn't useless, he is just very limited.  How many times has he dropped a shoulder and beaten the last defender, how many times has he cooly dinked it over an advancing keeper, how many times has he done a clever turn in the box and finished in the far corner? He doesn't have those in his locker.  It's a header or tap in from 3 yards, and if the keeper is slow off his line he will finish a through ball 1 in 5 times. You need more than that.

How many strikers in the Championship do all of the above week in week out? 

Did Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler, Ian Rush, Gary Lineker, Raul, Crespo and believe me I can go on - do all that? 

If he could do all the above mate he definitely wouldn't be in the Championship - I think you're setting the bar a tad high.