Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

It certainly a difficult situation for us and it's also hard to really slate the club if we sell either. While I don't think the club would actively like to sell any of them I appreciate that there comes a time when the money is just too much for a championship club.  Let's hope it's only one of Britt or Fry. A lot depends of the players we are bringing in. One thing is certain I'm happy that Pulis isn't here to spend that money.

If we sell Fry for 15 million plus a player I would like to believe that said player is filling a void we are actively trying to strengthen ie Brady or Vydra for the left sided forward role or Gibson as a direct replacement. That would still leave us with a lot of money to strengthen other areas.

I know it's a tough one to accept but we're a championship club without parachute payments and if someone offers you upwards of 20 million for a player it'll be very hard to reject. The club is also a business that needs to be financed.

• Like 1

Obviously it would be a shame to loose Britt because I think he is one of the few strikers that would guarantee goals in this league but I feel that if we can replace him appropriately he wouldn’t be missed so greatly. For example, Dwight Gayle is another player that can guarantee you 15/20+ per season and could be a cheaper option 

Morning everyone, new poster here. I know the Gazette aren't as much in the loop as some on this board but Dom Shaw has tweeted this morning saying he doesn't expect any outgoings. Obviously a lot can change to affect that but here's hoping. 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

who is this samatta guy are we linked with him ?

We've been linked with him a few times. Forward from Genk. Looks pacey and with good technique. Scores and assists. I'm not sure it's appealing to move from the Belgian champions to the Championship though unless there aren't any other offers and he gets a huge pay increase. So it's probably just a pipe dream.

The Northern Echo doesn't seem to think Fry's off, at least not on the cheap.

Boro rejected the Clarets’ initial £8m bid on Monday night, and are adamant it would take an astronomical offer for them to even consider parting with the England Under-21 international. Having sold Ben Gibson to Burnley for £15m last summer, an identical sum is regarded as the absolute minimum it would take for Fry to be allowed to leave

11 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

Agreed, Britt is in my opinion the best striker in the Championship - I remember looking up some stats at the start of last season and his goals to shots ratio was on par with Ronaldo - around 6.7 shots per goal. 

I'm not sure people actually understand the league we're in and the rareity a consistent goal scorer is. 

Scoring goals isn’t the only part of being a striker though. It’s a big part, obviously. But would you prefer a striker who scores 20 but the rest of the team only scores 10 between them or a striker who only scores 10 but the rest of the team scores 30 between them?

Britt is a great goal scorer, yes and those can be hard to find. But let’s face it, the rest of his game is pretty poor. 

I know I keep bringing it back to him but, in my opinion, Firmino is one of the best strikers in the PL. He doesn’t score as many as some of the other big strikers in the PL but his movement, hold up play, link up play and work rate allows Salah and Mane the space and opportunities to score the numbers that they are currently scoring. 

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, Marvanelli said:

Is it possible the deal for Fry to Burnley include him coming back on loan for the season?

Can't see him getting a look in whilst they have Tarkowski, Mee, Long & Gibson.

Yeah, only slim chance though. Gibson would be separate to this deal. Not much chance of either happening 

• Like 1