Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I’m not one who’s been banging on about him but if it is QPR do you think there’s a possibility of using him to try for Eze or is he not even a target? @Smoggydownsouth

I think we’d like him, he’s probably a little too expensive for us though if no one else’s leaves

1 minute ago, CWC said:

I would love us to get rid of Saville full stop. 

Can't say that I agree with you CWC and due to all of the posts and comments about scoring goals I feel that we need the ability to be able to score from defensive midfielders through to wingers and strikers so basically anyone from the back four upwards (ok defenders scoring from set pieces which hopefully improves)

Saville will fit that bill because he can score goals and sometimes he does bust his guts to make things happen.

Not a huge fan of his but believe he has a role to play, we need cover in all areas especially if we want to continue with this more attacking philosophy.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Adam P said:

He didn't compare him to Firmino though did he ? He said he would like a striker in the Firmino role who scores less individually but helps the team score more. 

Also, how anybody can defend a professional footballer missing the target from 12 yards out is laughable, obviously the best in the world also miss pens, but that doesn't make it any less woeful when it does happen. 

The Firmino role? As in how Firmino plays and Britt doesn't--but its not comparing? Also he was comparing the interchanging with Mane and Salah which contributes to their huge goal tally - who's Britss Mane and Salah? Is also what I said. 

I can defend who I like, the only player never to miss a penalty is Yaya Troure, that's it, yes I wanted him to score but for first game of season with an incomplete squad I was happy. 

Edited by Randy Sandwich
1 minute ago, RiversideRed said:

I think Saville is shocking, when I watch him I struggle to see what he offers to the team. If we can get a decent amount back for him maybe even £4/£5m I'd cash in one him and bring in better.

I don't think he has delivered what we expected, however in mitigation he was used all over the place by Pulis and there are rumours he is homesick. Sometimes moves just don't work out. 

• Like 2

Some players just don't fit a system or work in certian clubs. I think Milwall knew we was desperate for a 6th CM for some reason and had our pants down. I'd personally prefer for him to be moved on, and the money used elsewhere.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I think Saville is shocking, when I watch him I struggle to see what he offers to the team. If we can get a decent amount back for him maybe even £4/£5m I'd cash in one him and bring in better.

Ain’t nobody paying 4m for Saville m8