Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

you;ve got to remember how young he is.

he was still eligible for u18's football last season

yeah hes still young, but my point is I don't think hes looked all that good, Gibson, fry, downing, noncey Johnson etc all stood out and looked a class above even at an early age. I just don't see it with tavernier.  I think cashing in while his value is up is the best way to go. 

or loan him out and give him a full season of game time.  I admit he hasn't played all that much yet and some game time could do him a world of good.

Edited by tmcc

I'd say £5-6m is more than he's currently worth, so I'd take that. Not going to be a guaranteed starter unless he ups his game, a loan at Barnsley where plays every week might be the making of him.

complete longshot but is Riess Nelson out of our depth both financial wise and possible other interested party wise.

Arsenal want him to get as many competetive games as possible this season but he has some serious competition to get in thier first 11 . wouldnt be suprised if he was sent on loan. 

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd say £5-6m is more than he's currently worth, so I'd take that. Not going to be a guaranteed starter unless he ups his game, a loan at Barnsley where plays every week might be the making of him.

But he's worth more to us because he's one of the flagship players for our new "youthful approach". If we could get that though I'd probably sell, especially with Saville on the books there's too many players ahead of him.

4 minutes ago, tmcc said:

yeah hes still young, but my point is I don't think hes looked all that good, Gibson, fry, downing, noncey Johnson etc all stood out and looked a class above even at an early age. I just don't see it with tavernier.  I think cashing in while his value is up is the best way to go. 

In about 800/900 mins of competitive football last season he scored 4 goals and had 3 assists.  I've got no idea what he will make of himself but if that isn't enough to suggest some potential then I don't know what is?  Having the knack of being in the right place at the right time might not look spectacular but it can certainly be effective. 

As with any player though, they need time to show what they can do.  Gibson certainly didn't look class when he first came through and went out on loan.  Same goes for Fry actually albeit you could see the potential.  Downing was exciting when he first came through but then he was that type of player and the same goes for Johnson.  Morrison looked ok when he broke through but I'm not sure he looked any better than Tavernier and he turned out ok.  McMahon looked very good when he first got into the side but it never quite worked out for him.  Andrew Davies was one who big things were expected of but again it never happened.  Walker was supposed to be the next big thing but probably came through at the wrong time anyway and was always likely to struggle in a side that was heading for trouble.

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

complete longshot but is Riess Nelson out of our depth both financial wise and possible other interested party wise.

Arsenal want him to get as many competetive games as possible this season but he has some serious competition to get in thier first 11 . wouldnt be suprised if he was sent on loan. 

Absolutely no chance

Tavernier has never let the team down when he's played. And never had a run of starts, which for some players is what makes the difference.

Different players obviously, but Adama was called 'a sprinter', 'not a footballer' etc by many fans until he got a run in the team that brought the best out in him.  

30 minutes ago, tmcc said:

or loan him out and give him a full season of game time.  I admit he hasn't played all that much yet and some game time could do him a world of good.

All the aforementioned players got some serious game time that's why, most players fail to look anything other than average when they barely play.

There's certain players that seem to play on the periphery of a game and you sometimes forget they're even on the pitch, but those same players have a knack of popping up with a goal. 

Players like David Platt, Tim Cahill and even Lampard at times seemed to be like that. 

I think Tav could possibly be one of those types of players and I think we need to have a  good look at him before thinking about selling him. 

I wouldn't be against loaning him out to a club like Barnsley.