Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Quite quiet considering we’re expecting a few more in. Think a lot of deals will hinge on the domino effect in the Premier League. Seen a few journalists saying they think it could go crazy between now and the end of the window tomorrow so guess we’ll wait and see.  

In terms of Tav, I see it as a no-brainer letting him go to Barnsley for the season; Stendels playing philosophy is very similar to Woody and how he wants us to play, so if Tav will get game time at Barnsley and not us that surely benefits us in the long run?

PL player I'm hoping for either Parrott from Spurs or Mason Greenwood or Chong from Utd.

3 minutes ago, Duvel said:

There's certain players that seem to play on the periphery of a game and you sometimes forget they're even on the pitch, but those same players have a knack of popping up with a goal. 

Players like David Platt, Tim Cahill and even Lampard at times seemed to be like that. 

I think Tav could possibly be one of those types of players and I think we need to have a  good look at him before thinking about selling him. 

I wouldn't be against loaning him out to a club like Barnsley. 

That's how I feel, he has a excellent knack of arriving late or just making good runs into the box in general. Shown himself to be a decent finisher too. 

Considering the amount of goals Tav was involved in in very limited gametime he is definately a keeper. Whether it's for this season too or after a loan deal remains to be seen. I'd probably favour a half season loan if we get enough bodies through the door ourselves.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

So Vickers says we're after a right back to give Dijksteel competition and a forward /winger from the Prem. 

Isn't alot that fit the bill he said we're looking at/talking to a pacey attacking midfielder who could play up front from the prem on a loan.

I'm thinking more the Diabate's and Cucho Hernandez types than raw 17/18 year olds myself we'll have to get someone of a standard that we can guarantee quite a bit of gametime to.

If Woodgate sees him as a midfielder at the minute he has Wing, Mcnair, Howson and Saville to compete with. If we lose any of those then I would keep him and use him. If not a loan for a season is obviously going to benefit his development more.Woodgate should know best as he has seen him develop as a youngster.

Brentford are set to sign another forward from France for 7 million. Saman Ghoddos. Pretty hefty price for a 25 year old with only 4 goals in France after he came from Sweden a year ago. They are certainly spending a lot of money ( I know they've made sale)

Yeah I want to see him kept around. Dont see any reason why he couldnt do the same job McNair did on friday except add more of a goal threat. I know mcnair hasnt played a lot of football for us but I dont really see the attributes that made him a decent goalscorer at the end of his Sunderland career.

Just now, Smoggydownsouth said:

The Tav thing could happen... especially If we sign another RB which pushes Howson into midfield and we cant shift Sav. All factors but I don't see us getting anymore than 3mil

£3m is nowt. I'd rather us keep Howson for right back for now than shift Tav out.