Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Just saying regarding the Britt shirt name on the retail site thing, seems like I was right. Yesterday there was an 11 character limit on the website for player names. Now it's 14 and Britt's name is available. Coincidence? I think not!

Also, maybe we're signing a player whose name is up to 14 characters long...

• Like 2
1 minute ago, LinoJo3 said:

Heard his name mentioned earlier in the window.

hope theres some truth to it 11 goal and 12 assists last season. could be decent. 

11 minutes ago, Naisby said:

I’m trying hard to remember who was the first foreign player from abroad I remember us buying and I’m not sure as when I try to think Jan Fjortofft springs into my head doing the airplane and I know we bought him from Swindon Town.

if I had to guess for me it was Juninho but probably wrong,

i started watching boro in 1984 so that’s my starting point, but cannot think of anyone from abroad pre Robson tho.

Our first ever non-British player was South African Norman Malan in 1945 

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Just saying regarding the Britt shirt name on the retail site thing, seems like I was right. Yesterday there was an 11 character limit on the website for player names. Now it's 14 and Britt's name is available. Coincidence? I think not!

OMG it's happening.... we are signing Messiiiiiiiiii

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Old Codger said:

bosko was 1979 and Heine Otto 1981,,,,but would you count Eire as foreign? sure there'd be a few from there before that

I count Eire as domestic transfers but there was always something special and exotic about buying from abroad. Nowadays it’s all second nature and transfers are just transfers nothing really special like they used to be imo

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Knew it!  Vennegoor of Hesselink is coming. Unlimited letters for all

2 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Our first ever non-British player was South African Norman Malan in 1945 

Thanks for that info, I didn’t know that, but as South Africa was Still in Empire it probably counts as a domestic one. ?

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Changing Times is 14 characters if you include the space ?

18 minutes ago, Naisby said:

I’m trying hard to remember who was the first foreign player from abroad I remember us buying and I’m not sure as when I try to think Jan Fjortofft springs into my head doing the airplane and I know we bought him from Swindon Town.

if I had to guess for me it was Juninho but probably wrong,

i started watching boro in 1984 so that’s my starting point, but cannot think of anyone from abroad pre Robson tho.

Bosko Jankovic (spelling no doubt incorrect)

@Old Codger beat me to it

5 minutes ago, tmcc said:

hope theres some truth to it 11 goal and 12 assists last season. could be decent. 

Impressive stats tbf, right footed plays from the left.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Changing Times is 14 characters if you include the space ?

If you can get it on your shirt and wear it to the ground when you undoubtedly pick up your season ticket again (?), that'd be good.

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

If you can get it on your shirt and wear it to the ground when you undoubtedly pick up your season ticket again (?), that'd be good.

I've already got our season tickets.  Mug that I am ?‍♂️ ?

• Like 2