oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Just now, 2plus2 said:

Nope.

But we do have a little depth/versatility still. I'd add Dijksteel as DM back-up option, which is almost as important as having him as a brand spanking new right-back.

Have to say your nope's are good enough for championship benches in my opinion

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Have to say your nope's are good enough for championship benches in my opinion

If you don't deem your Championship bench players as options you'd welcome into your first team, then I don't personally consider them as viable options worth having at all. That's just my view anyway. Easier said then done, but if possible I would rather move them on, save the wages and open the door for a few of our promising youngsters. Walker, Malley, etc. At least with them you have hope, raw talent and the potential of development. As oppose to square pegs or pure apprehension at their inclusion.

We been done for a while I think if some of the comments on here have some truth in them, The money that we have to buy players is small compared to previous years and clubs in our league in similar situations like Derby or Leeds, who should be spending on par with us or less if FFP was correct.

but-the longer the window goes on the higher prices and fees go and if you only got a fiver to spend in June it’s still only a fiver in August but fees have gone up.

with the outgoing we had before the window opened we needed imo about 6-8 players, as of now we have brought in 4. That leaves us between 2-4 maybe after preseason we might have found we can cope with bringing in 1-2 of the kids, but we still need at least 2 signings for the squad.

if prices are getting too high now, then come new year we will be priced out of everyone unless we playing well and can attract the players we want that way.

Just now, FinallyRegistered said:

Lee tomlin is between 20-23 stone. Could be him? 

And he’s definitely a wide player when viewed from behind ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Just now, 2plus2 said:

If you don't deem your Championship bench as players you'd welcome into your first team, then I don't personally consider them as viable options. That's just my view anyway. Easier said then done, but if possible I would rather move them on, save the wages and open the door for a few of our promising youngsters. Walker, Malley, etc. At least with them you have hope, raw talent and the potential of development. As oppose to square pegs or pure apprehension at their inclusion.

When I say bench - I think 2 could be starters.  Don't disagree about moving them on but not enough time now.  Wed end up with panic buys or higher prices in my opinion..

Just now, Youngy228 said:

When I say bench - I think 2 could be starters.  Don't disagree about moving them on but not enough time now.  Wed end up with panic buys or higher prices in my opinion..

Yea you're right, time is too limited to move 3 high earners on. It was more a utopian standpoint tbh.

• Like 1