Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Except if the specific players you wanted aren't available anymore, maybe you no longer want 4 players? Maybe you don't want your 2nd or 3rd choices in those positions, and therefore you no longer want those players, now you only want 1 player that you know you can get in.

If those players became available again and wanted to come, we'd go back to wanting 4 players.

You always try and make things more difficult than they are.

I don't think there's anything difficult about it really.  If Smoggydownsouth's information was correct then we wanted to add four players to the squad.  It's possible that it was simple opportunism and we felt we could get hold of all of these players that we really wanted in which case that's fair enough and it was certainly worth a try.  However, wanting four players suggests to me a belief that the squad isn't good enough and there's a desire to do something about it.  The squad hasn't suddenly improved overnight so you'd expect us to still be looking to fill whatever those positions were.  If we don't want our second and third choices in those positions then by definition they aren't our second and third choices - they aren't any kind of choice because we don't want them.  Just an observation more than anything else that we aren't going to be looking to sign four players on a whim so maybe we're still looking if they have fallen through.

53 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Expectations change as we realise deals cant be done.  They were all in the pub with Pulis last time!!

The coaching staff were, not the people who actually do the deals and one of the reasons we didn't get much done is because of differences between the various people involved in terms of who we should sign.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

The coaching staff were, not the people who actually do the deals and one of the reasons we didn't get much done is because of differences between the various people involved in terms of who we should sign.

Fair point, mate.